I didn't really plan on making these. No....they were more the result of circumstances this past Sunday morning which led me to care about nothing more than satisfying my kids. Let me explain. Last Thursday, Jorden went to visit a childhood friend in Washington, D.C. He was gone for the entire weekend, and although we are no strangers to him being gone for a few days at a time (he occasionally travels for work) there was something about knowing he was gone "on pleasure" that was different than knowing he's gone "on business".
What was different? Well, the best way to describe it is that, this time, I felt entitled. Entitled to make life easier for myself, to have a not-miserable four days....maybe even to have some fun?! After all, I was hearing all about the delicious foods he was eating (multiple small plate meals - my favorite!) and the fun nights out he was having.....and the last thing I wanted to be doing was eating leftovers and falling asleep on the couch at 9 pm!
And so, as the kiddos watched Henry Hugglemonster and I drank my morning coffee, I dreamed up these morning buns and surprised them with a special Sunday morning treat. And in 15 minutes flat, they went from missing Daddy to thinking maybe Mommy was pretty cool, after all. And between the three of them, they wiped the plate clean. And I was totally fine with it.
Cookie Butter Morning Buns
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 3 Tbsp. cookie butter
- 4 tsp. + 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent roll into triangles; fill each with 1 tsp. cookie butter and 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- Roll into crescent shape, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. brown sugar and 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon. Divide evenly among baked crescent rolls and drizzle with melted butter.