My mom was nice enough to watch Nora so that I can keep my head on straight (thanks, Mom) and share this recipe with all of you! So.....although I may not be enjoying guacamole and margaritas today, I am enjoying a moment of quiet time in the midst of a busy day....and one of these - a Cheesecake Sopadilla (short for Sopapilla Quesadilla)!
Yep....I think these will be making a regular appearance around here. They are quick and easy enough to fit into our often chaotic schedule....and they are delicious enough that they make everyone happy! In other words, they are the perfect treat, not just for Cinco de Mayo......but for any day! (Or every day - you choose!)
1 Tbsp. butter
2 flour tortillas
4 oz. cream cheese
¼ c. sugar
¼ tsp. vanilla
1-2 Tbsp. cinnamon/sugar mixture (can be made by mixing cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl to taste)
Drizzle of honey
1. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well-blended.
2. Sandwich cream cheese mixture between two tortillas.
3. Melt butter in medium frying pan over med-high heat and add quesadilla to the pan. Cook on one side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Flip and sprinkle cooked side with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
5. Cook second side until golden brown; flip over onto a plate and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
6. Drizzle with honey.