These Cheddar Apple Turkey Burgers are grilled to perfection and topped with aged cheddar cheese, sliced Gala apples, chopped walnuts, fresh spinach, and a healthy dose of apple butter. They’re the perfect blend of savory and sweet and ideal for early fall grilling!
Have you ever given someone a gift you liked so much, you almost wanted to keep it for yourself? Well, I think that happened recently…..but not with anything I would have expected. No, it was with Jorden’s new Weber grill. The one I got him for Father’s Day. I am loving it! (Probably a little too much……)
Okay, definitely a little too much. Jorden is most definitely not so keen on the fact that I’ve been using it so freely. And to some extent, I can understand. It is his new toy, after all….and it’s never a good idea to come between a man and his grill….
But when I had the idea for these Cheddar Apple Turkey Burgers, I knew it couldn’t wait. The cheese, the apples, the walnuts, the apple butter. It had to happen, STAT! And once I tasted them, I knew all would be forgiven.
Although, I must say……when I looked at the aftermath of grilling these bad boys, I did have a twinge of guilt. Melted. cheese. everywhere. I guess that’s what I get for loading them up and making them so amazing. And you better believe I have no regrets.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces aged cheddar cheese
- 4 pretzel rolls
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- To make burgers, combine ground turkey, rolled oats, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well. Form into 4 flat patties of equal size.
- Grill over medium heat, flipping halfway through, until browned on the outside and cooked through. (*Top each with 2 oz. cheese immediately after flipping.)
- Assemble burgers inside pretzel rolls by topping each with 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts, 3 apple slices, 1/4 cup spinach leaves, and 3 Tablespoons apple butter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 899Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 223mgSodium: 1177mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 5gSugar: 23gProtein: 51g