BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Poutine is a delicious twist on a classic Canadian dish. Made with crispy sweet potato fries, this easy dish is perfect for snack time, dinnertime, or game time!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias
I will never forget the first time I saw something resembling poutine on a menu. At the time, my only thought was “WHY??” Why would anyone want that/why french fries instead of chips/why is this an actual thing!? Oh….how things have changed. These days, the only “why?” surrounding poutine might sound something along the lines of, “Why in the world did it take me so long to get on board with this deliciousness????” Yes, my friends, poutine is amazing!
Okay, to be fair, this BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Poutine is the only version I’ve ever tasted. BUT. If this is any indication of what I’ve been missing out on, well, I have some serious regrets! It couldn’t be more delicious, from the sweet potato fries right on down to the bbq gravy. And those cheese curds? The way they soften up with the warm gravy? To die for!
It’s funny how things change….how we can write something off completely, only to later discover it’s really not so bad (or, in this case, fantastic)! I honestly think, for me, it comes down to the fries. I’m a HUGE fan of sweet potato fries, and I especially love the fact that Alexia makes them with all natural, high quality ingredients. So you can feel better about saying yes to them whenever they might find their way onto your table. I’ve made them two times in the past two weeks, so consider yourself warned!!
Here’s the good news. You can find the fries right at Walmart. And just in case sweet potato isn’t your thing, Alexia Onion Rings or Crinkle Cut Fries would taste great, too! Don’t ask why….just trust me! BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Poutine is where it’s at!
BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Poutine
- 1 20 oz. package Alexia Sweet Potato Fries
- 2-3 c. cooked shredded chicken
- 1 10 oz. package cheese curds
- 2 Tbsp. chopped purple onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- BBQ Gravy:
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- Prepare fries according to package instructions.
- While fries are cooking, prepare gravy by combining butter and flour in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, until butter is completely melted.
- Stir in chicken broth and barbecue sauce; bring just to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened.
- Arrange cooked fries on a large serving tray or individual plates.
- Top with cooked chicken, cheese curds, onion, cilantro, and bbq gravy.