Balsamic Orange Glazed Salmon is one of our go-to weeknight meals.
This easy baked salmon comes together quickly and is oven-ready in just 20 minutes. It has a sweet balsamic orange glaze that bakes right in for an end result that's tender, flaky, and packed with flavor.
Perfect for busy weeknights or date nights in, if you love salmon, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite!
So. I've been trying to get my family to eat more fish. Not only because I love it...although that definitely helps...but because it's so quick. And easy. And good for you!
Sure, my kids love a good fish fry, and that's a decent place to start, but that clearly takes away from the healthy component. Just a tad. Not to mention it's not nearly as quick or easy to make at home.
So my goal is to get them to love salmon at least half as much as I do. I figured salmon is a good place to start, right? It's rich and flavorful and packed with those good omega-3's. I mean...what's not to love, really? It's delicious on salad, in tacos, or all on its own. With a side of veggies for an extra dose of goodness.
This Balsamic Orange Glazed Salmon is one of my personal favorites. I'm always a fan of balsamic, and when you add the fresh citrus, the combination is bright, flavorful, and just the right balance of savory and sweet.
And you can find everything you need to make it at Pick 'n Save! From the fresh fish to the fresh produce - and everything in between - this recipe is easy to make and even easier to shop for.
I love the fact that I'm always able to find such high quality, fresh ingredients at Pick 'n Save...especially in wintertime! And let me tell you. If you're as tired of winter as I am, this is just the delicious recipe you need.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS RECIPE?
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Orange juice
- Minced onion
- Fresh thyme
- Orange slices
HOW DO YOU MAKE IT?
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and brush with olive oil.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, orange juice, minced onion, fresh thyme, and salt. Spoon over salmon. Garnish with orange slices.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness), then broil for an additional 5 minutes.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN SALMON IS DONE?
The most accurate way to know when salmon is done is to use a thermometer. Once salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145°F, you know it's done. However, a thermometer isn't totally necessary. A good rule of thumb is to cook 4-6 minutes for every half inch of salmon. When fish reaches the proper cooking temperature, it becomes opaque and flakes easily.
CAN YOU USE OTHER HERBS IN PLACE OF FRESH THYME?
You can feel free to use any of your favorite herbs or a combination of herbs in place of fresh thyme. My top recommendations would be fresh basil or fresh oregano.
HOW DO YOU GRILL SALMON?
This recipe would be perfect for grilling. Here's how:
- Place salmon skin-side up on an oiled grill that has been preheated to medium-high.
- Cook 4-6 minutes, then use a spatula to flip. Continue cooking 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from grill and allow salmon to rest for a few minutes before serving.
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVERS?
Leftovers can be stored in a shallow airtight container or wrapped tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Looking for other ways to enjoy seafood? Here are some of our favorites!
- Sriracha Salmon Tacos
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp Fajita Quinoa Bowls
- Tropical Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Shrimp Pasta Primavera
- Maple Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 4 fresh salmon fillets (approx. 8 oz. each)
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 fresh orange, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; brush with olive oil. Place salmon on baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, orange juice, minced onion, fresh thyme, and salt. Spoon over salmon.
5. Garnish with orange slices.
6. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes, then broil for an additional 5 minutes. *Salmon will flake be opaque and flake easily when done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g