Apple pie meets breakfast bake in this delicious Apple Breakfast Bake, loaded with dried cranberries and pecans and drizzled with warm maple syrup.
Well, we did it! We finally made it to the orchard to pick apples yesterday…..and not a moment too soon. The orchards around here are starting to get picked clean, and some of them are already closed for the season. Who knew pick-your-own apples were such a hot commodity??
Luckily, a few phone calls was all it took to avert apple picking disaster, and just like that, we were back in business. Thank goodness….because the girls were SO excited about it and ended up having the best time they’ve ever had picking apples! They were climbing ladders and running through the rows of trees and searching for the best apples…..and, of course, sampling plenty of them along the way!
We ended up coming home with $30 worth of apples…..a big bag and a small bag, both filled to the brim and overflowing. Enough apples that I might wonder what to do with all of them…..if I didn’t have the kids I have, that is. They are apple LOVERS, and can easily eat 2-3 apples a day….EACH! But. Before they gobble them all up, this Apple Breakfast Bake is on my must-make list. It’s sweet and satisfying and full of delicious apple flavor, and with the addition of dried cranberries and pecans, it really is the perfect dish for fall!
But. Before they gobble them all up, this Apple Breakfast Bake is on my must-make list. It’s sweet and satisfying and full of delicious apple flavor, and with the addition of dried cranberries and pecans, it really is the perfect dish for fall!
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup OR sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Combine egs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Heat the butter and brown sugar in a 9x13 inch baking dish at 425 degrees until butter melts. Stir apples, pecans, and dried cranberries into the butter.
- Bake until the butter sizzles.
- Pour egg mixture over apple mixture. and sprinkle with a small amount of brown sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees 20-25 minutes until golden brown or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g