These Chocolate Chip Cookies are seriously the best!! Thick, chewy, and perfectly golden brown, once you try them, your search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie will be over. Guaranteed!
Have you ever gone on a search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie? I feel like I’ve been on one for years! Not even kidding. Because if there’s one thing that can win people over, and put smiles on faces, and make everything better….it’s a really good chocolate chip cookie.
My first experience of winning people over with cookies? Way back when I was in 6th grade. I made cookies for my birthday party….and they turned out amazing. Which was especially important because this wasn’t just any birthday party. It was a birthday sleepover, and all the “popular” girls (who I had just become friends with) were there.
I asked my mom if we could get special snacks and drinks and do a fashion show and stay up all night. And other than staying up all night, I’m pretty sure my mom said yes to all of it. Probably because she knew how nervous I was, and how important it felt, and how much I wanted everything to be “just right”. Well, everything was just right….especially the cookies. And I was one happy 6th grader.
But here’s the thing. I have never since that oh-so-important birthday party been able to recreate those perfect chocolate chip cookies. That is, until now. These cookies are exactly like the ones that won over the popular crowd….except better. Because they’re made with browned butter! And browned butter makes ALL the difference. They’re crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, thick, buttery, and packed with delicious flavor. In other words, they’re the BEST chocolate cookies ever!!! Perfect for winning people over, putting smiles on faces, and making everything better.
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 14 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ¾ c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Heat 10 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until butter is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Stir remaining 4 Tbsp. butter into browned butter until completely melted. Add sugars, salt, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add egg and yolk; mix thoroughly. Let stand 3 minutes and stir again; repeat once more until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded scoops 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown and puffy, about 9-11 minutes.
- Transfer cookie sheet to a wire rack to cool.