The BEST pumpkin bread, loaded with chocolate chips and packed with delicious flavor! Perfect for busy mornings, relaxing brunches, afternoon snacks, or even dessert! Once you try this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, there’s NO going back!
Every now and then you find a recipe that you just fall in love with. And this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is one of them. Not just because I love all things pumpkin (which I do)…or because it’s SO easy to make (which it is)…but because this is legitimately the BEST pumpkin bread you’ll ever taste. Guaranteed.
It’s the kind of bread you look forward to all year long. Because even though you could make it anytime of year, there’s something about pumpkin recipes in fall that feels just right. They signify the end of summer, changing leaves, a chill in the air, and the countdown to the holidays. And by the time pumpkin season rolls around, we are ALL ready for it.
So far this season, I’ve made 4 loaves of this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. And we’ve eaten every last slice of them. We love it because it’s moist and dense and amazing – just like what you’d get at Starbucks.
Except instead of a single slice, this recipe makes an entire TWO loaves. You can mix things up by leaving out the chocolate chips, or make it into Cranberry Pumpkin Bread, or try my Pumpkin Ginger Streusel Bread. They all start with the same delicious recipe – a recipe you’ll want to make again and again.
I plan on enjoying this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread with my morning coffee, at weekend soccer games, as an afternoon snack with the kids, and at every single holiday celebration from now through December. And once you try it, I’m pretty sure you’ll agree. Bring on the pumpkin bread! Bring on fall! We’re READY for it!
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- **can substitute 2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice in place of other spices
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat at low speed until blended.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Beat until blended.
- Add pumpkin and eggs. Beat until blended.
- Add flour and water and stir just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into two (5x9 inch) loaf pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from An Occasion to Gather.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 155mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 23g Protein: 2g