This Spiced Cranberry-Pear Sauce is deliciously sweet and tart, with hints of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. It comes together in under 15 minutes and makes a fantastic addition to any holiday table!
So have I told you I’m leaving tomorrow for a blogging conference in Chicago? It’s my first one ever….and I couldn’t be more excited! Woot!
Having never been to a blogging conference before, I really have no idea what to expect. But I DO know it’s going to be three days spent with good friends, good food, and an overwhelming amount of information (in a good way, of course). And of all three, I’m hands down most excited about the friends!!!
And….I get to eat. So much good food! Lisa and I have been scouring menus to find the perfect place for lunch tomorrow, Dorothy is already plotting out restaurant and bakery stops, and we have an amazing dinner planned at The Saffron Kitchen at The Chopping Block downtown! Seriously, you guys. I am so excited.
And so grateful. What an awesome opportunity! So…in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I’d share another delicious Thanksgiving recipe with you: Spiced Cranberry-Pear Sauce. Not only is it super quick and easy to make, but I like it SO much more than regular old cranberry sauce. Between the tart cranberries and the sweet pears and the subtle blend of spices….this is a Thanksgiving side dish to get excited about. (Almost as excited as I am about this weekend! Can’t wait to tell you all about it!)
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh cranberries
- 2 pears, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. water
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice (a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & allspice)
- Combine water and brown sugar in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add cranberries, pears, and spices.
- Return to a boil, then reduce heat slightly and cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberry skins pop and mixture has thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate until ready to use.