Sweet Molasses Sugar Cookie Cups, rolled in sugar, stuffed with Rolos, and drizzled with white chocolate. A deliciously unexpected combination!
Molasses cookies are one of those things that remind you of your grandma…..am I right?? At least for me, they do! I have my grandma’s recipe for them tucked away in my recipe box, and although I don’t make them very often, every time I do it just feels right.
Maybe it’s because I know how much my mom loves them – they’re the one kind of cookie she is sure to mention at Christmas time every year. Or maybe it’s the nostalgia factor – the knowledge that I’m making the same cookies my grandma for her family so many years ago. Or maybe, just maybe, it’s the fact that they’re DELICIOUS! Just sayin’…….
I’m always a sucker for winter spices like cinnamon and cloves and nutmeg…..and when you stick them in a cookie and turn the cookie into a cup, there’s really nothing better! Except, of course, if you add chocolate and caramel. Chocolate and caramel make everything better!
Yep, these delicious, old fashioned molasses cookies are stuffed with Rolo candies and topped with a white chocolate drizzle. They’re definitely NOT your grandma’s molasses cookies….but they ARE amazing. Just in case you were tempted to overlook that recipe tucked away in your recipe box, think again! Because these babies just might become a new favorite.
- ¾ c. salted butter
- 1 c. sugar
- ¼ c. molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. flour
- ½ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 48 Rolos
- 4 oz. white chocolate
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- Add sugar, molasses and egg. Beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cloves, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Add to butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Form into 1 inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
- Place in *well-greased* mini muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stick unwrapped Rolo in the center of each cookie cup.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; then twist gently to remove.
- Cool completely, then drizzle with melted white chocolate.