Salted Caramel Apple Dip

Just 5 ingredients and a hand mixer is all you need to make this deliciously addicting dip….just in time for apple season!

Of all the things I love about fall….and there are many….one of my absolute favorites is apple picking! There’s nothing better than spending an afternoon outside, in the crisp fall air, munching on apples and filling our basket WAY past the point of full….and then heading home with a chill in our bones and more apples than we know what to do with! We’ve picked apples nearly every year since having kids, and every year has been a completely different experience. Here are some of the highlights:

The craziest year, by far, was the year we went to Apple Holler….and had to wind our way through a maze of games and rides and gimmicks just to get to the orchard. NOT ideal when you’re with your kids, who would clearly rather play games and ride trains than pick apples. The most humorous year, by far, was the year we went to Elegant Farmer….and waited in the world’s longest line….and took a hayride to the top of the hill, where the orchard was….only to find out that they were ALL OUT OF APPLES! To be fair, they had giant bins of apples they had brought in from other orchards, but there’s not much difference between that and just buying them from the grocery store, ya know?? And the best year, by far, was the year we went to Barthel Fruit Farm….and just….picked apples! Ellia was 2 years old, Greta was 2 months old, the weather was just right, the apples were juicy and delicious, and the day was tons of fun. And yes, we came home with WAY more apples than we knew what to do with.

So this year, when the time comes, you better believe we know exactly where we’ll be heading. And until then, you better believe we’ll be getting an early start on some apple recipes! Like this Salted Caramel Apple Dip….a twist on a favorite from my good friend Meaghan (one of those people who should clearly be a blogger but isn’t!) This dip brings back instant memories of fall, and it’s one of my favorite recipes to make during football games, after Trick or Treating, or anytime we have more apples than we know what to do with. I decided to mix it up a little bit this year by adding vanilla extract and kosher salt…..the perfect creamy, sweet & salty compliment to all the crisp, sweet apples we’ll be bringing home. SOON!!

Salted Caramel Apple Dip
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
chopped peanuts (optional)

Mix first 5 ingredients together with a hand mixer. Spoon into serving bowl; top with chopped peanuts (optional).

And….be sure to check out my Salted Caramel Chocolate Sauce!

Comments

Wow. Those are the quite the apple orchard experiences, LOL! I’ve only been apple picking one time but I feel like I could relate with pumpkin farms. I have had the worst experiences with pumpkin farms! Anyway, this dip looks too good to be true! I am dying to try it. Pinning!

Apple picking can be a great family experience. We would pull the car into the area close to the trees and start filling the containers. I remember the year we discovered a variety called “Prairie Spy,” one of your dad’s favorites. We haven’t found it since.
    Apple pies, coffee cake, muffins, just eating apples. They are all fun and delicious.
    This dip looks so good. I love the addition of the kosher salt and the chopped peanuts.

After growing up with apple trees I happily buy them from the grocery store :) It sucked to have to pick up apples off the ground all year long when we mowed. There will never be an apple tree in my yard! Terrible aren’t I? I better go buy my apple so I can make this yummy dip!

I believe you have just topped my favorite fall dip…nothing better than salted caramel, if you ask me! I will live out my blogging fantasies through you, my dear…unless the world is clamoring for a blog called “a life real medium” or “epic fail”…lol! :)

Love you, Cath!

Thanks for reminding me that I need to find out where to go apple picking this year! Every year I tell myself we are going, then we get busy. Not this year!! I love this dip Cathy. Of course, I could certainly eat copious amounts without apples!

Gotta make some of that!! We have a huge apple tree and we will be ready to harvest the apples in about 2 weeks. Think I might buy a few apples until then so I can give your dip a try. The gang over at My Personal Accent, invites you to link-up this terrific recipe at our rules free Blog Strut Link Party/blog hop, Thursdays at 5:00 PM PST. Our Blog Strut isn’t your average blog hop, it offers many ways to promote and give exposure to your blog and posts. We pin all links, featured posts, as well as offer free co-host spots and button/logo redesign, plus free social network link ups. Join us and show what you’ve got!! http://www.mypersonalaccent.com/linkyparty/

I made this dip last night to serve with apples and our own label White Merlot to start a weeknight tapas party for 8. It was a hit! I am including a link to the recipe on my most recent blog post… Thanks!

1. […] Caramel Apple Blondie Cheesecake via life, love, and sugar Apple Rings via diet hood Caramel Apple Cupcakes via the girl who ate everything Salted Caramel Apple Pie Pizza Cookie via handle the heat The Best Apple Crisp via mama miss Salted Caramel Apple Dip via lemon tree dwelling […]