Lemon Meringue Martini

Limoncello and whipped cream-flavored vodka join forces in this delectable martini – like lemon meringue pie in a glass!
One of the first things we noticed when we moved into our Lemon Tree Dwelling was the fact that the sump pump never stopped running. All through the day and night we could hear it churning – loudly – until eventually we had heard it long enough that we stopped even noticing. What we didn’t stop noticing, though, was the fact that, despite the sump pump running constantly, we still had water in our basement. Apparently running constantly is not the same as actually working!
So….along with the million and one other things we changed/fixed/overhauled after we moved in, we added two new sump pumps and a battery back-up to the list. Nothin’ like a brand new sump pump to get you excited……or not.
Well, now that it’s spring, and it’s been raining non-stop, and there are small lakes in our backyard, the sump pump has once again been running constantly. But sounding different than I remembered it and, in fact, different than it’s supposed to. So just last night, after a fun spur-of-the-moment family dinner out, Jorden decided to attempt to fix the sump pump. Can you guess where this is going?
Yep, you guessed it….! As soon as he unscrewed the broken part, water came gushing out of the pump….all. over. the. floor. And all over the cardboard boxes full of stuff that I knew better than to keep down there. In the basement that (sometimes) gets water. Right next to the sump pump.
So, in the middle of a little computer time last night, I got called down to the basement to take things out of soggy, wet cardboard boxes and transfer them into new boxes….or bins….or whatever I could find. It took Jorden and me about 2 hours working together to do just the basic water damage clean-up. It’s still a mess and there’s still plenty of water on the floor….but not enough that either of us was willing to stay down there anymore.
I mean – would you stay down in a wet, soggy basement if you knew you had this waiting for you?? A deliciously sweet lemon meringue martini? With a graham cracker rim? Dessert in a glass? The perfect reminder of warm summer days?
I didn’t think so!
Lemon Meringue Martini

• 2 oz. limoncello liqueur
  • 1 oz. UV Whipped Vodka
  • ½ oz. lemonade
  • ½ oz. fat-free half and half
  • graham cracker crumbs
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a martini shaker.
  2. Add ice and shake.
  3. Prepare graham cracker rim by rubbing the rim of a martini glass with lemon juice or simple syrup, then dipping it in graham cracker crumbs.
  4. Strain the martini into the prepared glass, being careful to avoid the graham cracker crumbs.

Looking for another refreshing drink recipe? Check out my Basil Orange Mimosa!

Comments

OH NO! That is one of my biggest fears about our house…the sump pump will stop working and the basement will flood. It wasn’t as big of a deal but now that we have the basement finished, it would cause major havoc.

Now, I might be willing to deal with basement flooding if my reward was one of these. It sounds delicious!

OMG – that is a doozy. We have had that in our 1800 farmhouse back in Belfast ME (our first house). Water up to my husband’s knee and it damaged our furnace! Needless to say our next house was new. Still, I may have gone straight for the vodka….(not good). This looks like the perfect drink to remember some sunny evenings and it looks deliciously perfect!

Hope you guys are all dried out now.

Ok, this has my name written all over it!! Saw it at Marvelous Mondays and of course, being the lemon lover I am, I was right over. :) Thanks for sharing and am pinning! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

Oh dear! We’ve got a little river in our basement…when is the rain going to stop?!
    Anyways, I like your upgrades to the Martini…I’ll have to let Grandpa Gary know!

Ekk! I had a basement that flooded far too often. It ruined everything kept down there, so we finally had to stop keeping things down there =(

I love the lemon martini recipe! Strangely, lemons are one of my favorite fruits.

Natashalh

I am so glad you have a husband who can “fix” things! Why do they always “fix” things when we are trying to relax and have some me time?

If I were you, I think I would have had a couple of the martinis! Thanks for linking this up to the In and Out of the Kitchen link party! Look forward to seeing what you bring to the party next week.

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

Such a great idea! I’ve been implementing these ideas lately too and its amazing how something so simple is so helpful! I want to start a page as your ans recently I asked a web design company ELCO PLANET (www.elcoplanet.com) to develope the page for me.. I was just interested for web hosting.. can you please advice me about web hosting provider.. have you ever heard for http://www.elcoplanet.com offering hosting, alfa reseller hosting… ? thanks a lot

Dear Jean Poylini, I have heard for http://www.elcoplanet.com and I saw their site but my opinion is that http://www.eaglehost.info is best for hosting and reseller, I have been using http://www.bluehsot.com http://www.ixwebhosting.info but http://www.eaglehost.info provides best services and performances as for web hosting also for reseller web hosting such is Alpha Reseller and super Alpha Reseller, so if yu are looking for recommendation mine is http://www.eaglehost.info