Make the most of fresh strawberry season with these DELICIOUS Strawberry Muffins! Fluffy, moist, and packed with fresh juicy strawberries… these muffins are the perfect breakfast treat. Add the crunchy streusel and the drizzle of icing on top, and they’re guaranteed to become a new favorite!
One of my favorite memories from childhood is going strawberry picking as a family. We’d all head out to the fields with our baskets, fill them til they were completely overflowing, and eat our fair share of berries along the way.
If you’ve ever gone strawberry picking, you know just how easy it is to end up with way more strawberries than you even know what to do with. Which is where these Strawberry Muffins come in.
Not only are they delicious – and worth every last calorie – but they’re also a great way to use up any “extra” strawberries you might have on hand. Especially the ones that are a little past their prime.
These muffins are packed with 2 cups of fresh strawberries, topped with crunchy streusel, and drizzled with a sweet powdered sugar icing. You may choose to make them without the streusel topping… but really… why would you want to!?
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare two 12-cup muffin tins with cooking spray.
Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
Whisk the sour cream, milk, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Add the melted butter and stir well.
Fold in strawberries.
Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
In a small bowl, combine ingredients for streusel topping and mix until large crumbs form.
Spoon topping over muffin batter. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; transfer to a wire rack and cool 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle icing over cooled muffins.
🍋 Recipe variations
- Use a combination of different berries (2 cups total).
- Give your muffins a citrus twist by replacing the vanilla extract with 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and adding lemon zest. You can also replace the milk with lemon juice in the icing.
- Make your muffins without the streusel topping.
- Substitute plain, vanilla, or strawberry Greek yogurt for the sour cream
- Substitute almond extract for the vanilla extract
- Use frozen sliced strawberries in place of fresh strawberries
❄️ Storing & freezing
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. To freeze, I would suggest wrapping them individually in plastic wrap, then storing them in a larger airtight container. Muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months.
🍰 Related recipes
- Strawberry Bread
- Strawberry Jam
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Peach Muffins
- Strawberry Basil Rhubarb Muffins
- Strawberry Cheesecake Monkey Bread
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pancakes
Make the most of fresh strawberry season with these DELICIOUS Strawberry Muffins! Fluffy, moist, and packed with fresh juicy strawberries... these muffins are the perfect breakfast treat. Add the crunchy streusel and the drizzle of icing on top, and they're guaranteed to become a new favorite! Recipe variations:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Make the most of fresh strawberry season with these DELICIOUS Strawberry Muffins! Fluffy, moist, and packed with fresh juicy strawberries... these muffins are the perfect breakfast treat. Add the crunchy streusel and the drizzle of icing on top, and they're guaranteed to become a new favorite!
leave a reply