Strawberry Lemonade is the ultimate summer drink! It’s sweet, refreshing, and easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients. If you love lemonade, this recipe is guaranteed to be a new summer favorite!
Is there anything that screams summer more than fresh Strawberry Lemonade? It’s one of our favorite twists on a classic… and one of the BEST ways to celebrate warm weather.
I made my first pitcher of the season just last week, and let’s just say everyone went crazy for it. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and tart, and the lemon strawberry flavor combo seriously can’t be beat. Not to mention… any drink made entirely with fresh ingredients is bound to be amazing!
It’s the perfect drink for barbecues, picnics, and pool days, and I love that it’s something the whole family can enjoy together. (That being said, feel free to add a splash of vodka for an adult-only gathering.)
No matter how you enjoy it, one thing is for sure… this is one recipe you’ll be making on repeat. Guaranteed.
- 2 c. strawberries
- 2 c. lemon juice (about 10 lemons)
- 2 c. sugar
- 7 c. water, divided
- Wash strawberries, remove stems, and cut into quarters.
- Combine quartered strawberries with 1 c. water in a blender; puree until smooth. Push mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove extra seeds and pulp. Set puree aside.
- Cut lemons in half and juice them to get 2 cups lemon juice. Set juice aside.
- Prepare simple syrup by combining 2 c. sugar, 2 c. water, and 6-8 juiced lemon halves in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and cover until cool.
- Once cool, combine strawberry puree, lemon juice, simple syrup, and 4 c. water in a large pitcher.
- Garnish with lemon slices and strawberries as desired. Serve over ice.
🍊 Recipe variations
- Use a combination of lemon & lime juice or lemon & orange juice
- Use a combination of berries or substitute raspberries or blackberries for the strawberries
- Add a handful of fresh basil or mint leaves to the simple syrup mixture, then prepare as instructed
- Substitute 4 c. sparkling water to make sparkling lemonade
- Adjust the sweetness by using more or less sugar in the simple syrup
- Add vodka for a boozy drink
❄️ Frozen strawberries
Fresh strawberries are ideal for this recipe, but you can use frozen in a pinch. If using frozen,you may need to add more sugar, since fresh strawberries are usually sweeter.
Strawberry Lemonade should be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can freeze any extra in ice cube trays to enjoy all summer long!
🍰 More strawberry recipes
- Strawberry Bread
- Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Strawberry Pie
- Summer Strawberry Salad
- Strawberry Jam
- Strawberry Lush Dessert
- Chocolate Mousse Stuffed Strawberries
🍹 More drink recipes
- Sparkling Mint Lemonade
- Blackberry Basil Vodka Lemonade
- Strawberry Shortcake Sangria
- Lemon Margaritas
- White Sangria
- Lemon Raspberry Sangria
- Strawberry Coconut Bellini
- Strawberry Mango Sangria
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 53gProtein: 1g