This Spinach Artichoke Tortellini is a pasta lover’s dream! Rich, creamy, and loaded with cheesy goodness…this is one family dinner everyone will LOVE. And ready in just 20 minutes or less!
I had a little meltdown the other day. Surrounding dinner. With my family. Does this ever happen to you?
I spent however long on the recipe, used however many dollars worth of ingredients, was feeling proud of myself for making it happen on a particularly busy night….and then….my family came to the table. And it all came crashing down.
It started with pickiness over the vegetables, and then the sauce, and turned into everyone complaining and me pretty much vowing to never make dinner for them again. Ha! If only that were a promise I could keep.
Of course, the truth is I like making dinner for my family. When they’re appreciative and not turning their noses up at it, that is. Because the whining and complaining and not eating what I just spent time making? I seriously can’t deal with it. And it really does make me feel like I’d rather just pop a frozen pizza in the oven and call it a night.
Instead, I guess I’ll keep trying. At least for now. Trying to find the right balance of healthy and delicious, trying to avoid the least favorite vegetables while also making sure my family doesn’t just eat pasta and cheese. Which they would….gladly….every night of the week. Which is why this Spinach Artichoke Tortellini was such a hit!
Because it’s basically pasta and cheese, with the added bonus of LOTS of spinach and artichokes. And since they all love spinach dip? I knew this Spinach Artichoke Tortellini would stand a decent chance. They loved it because it’s cheesy and creamy and PASTA….and I loved it because it’s seriously so EASY to make.
Perfect for busy weeknights or relaxing family pasta dinners, this Spinach Artichoke Tortellini is one recipe you’ll want to make for your family again and again. And (bonus) they won’t even complain about it!
- 20 oz. refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
- 6 c. fresh spinach
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Prepare sauce by melting butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in milk; increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cheeses.
- *If sauce is too thick, add more milk slowly until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in cooked tortellini, fresh spinach, and chopped artichoke hearts.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 603 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 92mg Sodium: 1461mg Carbohydrates: 67g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 2g Protein: 30g