Is it just me....or do leftovers in the fridge induce stress? Maybe it's because of the way I was raised (clean plate club, anyone?) or maybe it's because I know the time and money that went into making the meal....but when I see containers of food piling up on the shelves, I feel like I need to come up with a plan....quick!
So when I peeked in the fridge the other day and saw the spaghetti (still) sitting there from a few nights earlier....the same spaghetti I had unsuccessfully tried to get my kids to eat for lunch 2 days in a row... I could feel myself getting worked up. With the kids on spring break and Jorden taking the end of the week off, I knew I'd be left with no other option than to toss it....unless....
I could come up with another plan! Enter Spaghetti Pizza Pie - spaghetti in a garlic-butter pizza pie crust....
covered in melted cheese and served up like pie....or pizza....or a little bit like spaghetti. You pick!
Spaghetti Pizza Pie
- 1 6.5 oz package pizza crust
- 4 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 c. leftover spaghetti approximate
- 1/2 c. pizza sauce
- 2 c. mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix pizza dough according to package instructions. Spread on bottom and up sides of lightly greased springform pan.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, salt, and Italian seasoning. Pour over crust and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven; top with spaghetti (packed down), pizza sauce, cheese, and additional Italian seasoning.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.