Peach Coffee Cake combines rich, moist coffee cake and an easy fruit cobbler made with delicious fresh peaches and a sweet cinnamon drizzle. THE perfect coffee cake recipe for spring, and destined to become a family favorite!
Do you ever think about all the different things you wanted to be “when you grow up”? For me, the list is fairly short: a teacher, an author, a coffee shop owner, a therapist. And then there’s the one that never quite made it past the dream stage: the owner of a bed & breakfast.
Have you ever been to a bed & breakfast? I’ve only been once or twice, but they hold a special place for me because a b&b is where Jorden and I got engaged. We were up in Door County, on a rainy cold fall weekend when I was just 23…and the rest….is history!
Our second visit was when I was pregnant with our first – 10 years ago – but ever since then, the thought has crossed my mind from time to time. I love the idea of giving people a relaxing, wonderful getaway…..and, of course, the FOOD!!!
If I owned a bed & breakfast, you better believe right about now I’d be serving up this Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake along with my Crustless Quiche Lorraine and Lemon Basil Berry Salad. Because breakfast at a b&b should feel special….and this cake DOES! It’s moist, rich, sweet, and best of all, you can use fresh, frozen, or even canned peaches. Meaning you can make it year round! Win. Win. Win.
So. Back to what I want to be when I grow up. I’ve already checked off teacher and author….and I play the role of therapist more often than I may even want to in my personal life. So the two remaining choices are coffee shop or bed & breakfast. I’d say I’m making more progress on b&b…..what do you think? Lemon Tree Inn? Sounds perfect to me.
The combination of peach cobbler and coffee cake also sounds like perfection. Peach cobbler coffee cake makes the perfect brunch recipe for Mother’s Day, or any other day for that matter.
How to Make Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup sliced peaches
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat 1/4 cup milk, ¾ cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, ¼ cup butter, egg, and vanilla until creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Fold in peaches.
- Spoon batter into a 10 inch springform pan and sprinkle with crumble topping (see below).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown.
- Combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over baked coffee cake.
- Combine 1 cup brown sugar, ⅔ cup flour in a bowl.
- Cut in 6 Tablespoons softened butter until mixture is crumbly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g