Honey Orange Pulled Pork is the ultimate slow cooker meal!
This sweet and savory meal is easy to make – with just 10 simple ingredients – and packed with amazing flavor.
Perfect for weeknight dinners, game days, or get togethers…if you love pulled pork, you’ll love this delicious honey orange twist!
Can we all just agree that pulled pork is THE perfect party food? Not only is it easy to make, and an ideal size for feeding a crowd, but it’s one of those foods everyone loves. And can you blame them?
And best of all, it’s one of those recipes that basically makes itself. Just add the ingredients to your slow cooker, turn it on, and watch the magic happen. It’s literally as easy as that.
And it’s even easier when you shop at Pick ‘n Save! As you probably know by now, Pick ‘n Save is my go-to store when it comes to finding everything I need in one place. From the pork shoulder to the seasonings to the BBQ sauce and orange juice, I had no trouble stocking up on all the ingredients I needed to make this recipe.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS RECIPE?
- Pork shoulder
- Minced garlic
- Dried mustard
- Ground ginger
- Orange juice
- Honey BBQ Sauce
- Salt & pepper
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO YOU NEED?
- 7 quart slow cooker
- mixing bowl
- forks for shredding
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
HOW DO YOU MAKE PULLED PORK?
- Trim excess fat from pork shoulder and place it in a 7 qt. slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine onion, garlic, dried mustard, paprika, ground ginger, salt, pepper, orange juice, water, and honey BBQ sauce..
- Pour sauce over pork shoulder and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on high or 10 hours on low, until pork shreds easily with a fork.
WHAT KIND OF PORK DO YOU USE?
Pork shoulder is the best cut to use for pulled pork. Also known as pork butt, named after the barrels it was transported in, pork shoulder is a well-marbled cut that can be cooked long and slow.
HOW DO YOU SERVE IT?
Pulled Pork can be served on a sandwich roll, on top of a salad, over mashed potatoes or rice, or all on its own. This recipe is packed with delicious flavor, but you may prefer to serve your pork with additional bbq sauce on top.
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVERS?
Leftovers should be removed from the slow cooker and stored – with the sauce – in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT IT?
It’s easy to reheat in the microwave, in a saucepan on the stovetop, or even in the oven. The key is to reheat it in its sauce to retain as much moisture as possible.
Looking for the perfect side dish? Here are some of our favorites!
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Broccoli Slaw
- Mexican Coleslaw
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Mojito Fruit Salad
- Fresh Corn Salad
And since I’m always on the lookout for new slow cooker recipes, you might like these too!
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker French Onion Chicken
- Creamy Sriracha White Chicken Chili
- 1 (6-8 lb.) pork shoulder
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. Simple Truth orange juice
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 bottles Simple Truth Honey BBQ Sauce
1. Trim pork of excess fat; place in 7 qt. slow cooker.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine chopped onion, minced garlic, seasonings, orange juice, water, and BBQ sauce. Whisk well.
3. Pour sauce over pork shoulder. Pork should be completely covered.
4. Place lid on top; cook on high heat 6 hours or low heat 10 hours, until pork shreds easily.
5. Shred pork completely, removing from slow cooker if necessary.
6. Drain 4 c. liquid from slow cooker; return shredded pork to remaining liquid.
7. Serve as is or with extra Honey BBQ Sauce if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 143mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g