Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders are the perfect option for easy weeknight dinners! Tender, juicy chicken dipped in barbecue sauce, coated in crunchy kettle corn, and finished off with a sweet honey barbecue glaze.
These bbq chicken tenders are oven-baked and make a delicious family meal….and they’re perfect for game days, too.
If your family loves chicken tenders, this Honey BBQ Chicken Tender recipe is a must make!
HOW DO YOU MAKE HONEY BBQ CHICKEN TENDERS?
- Start with approx. 1 pound of chicken breast tenders.
- Using 3 separate shallow dishes, measure out 2/3 c. honey bbq sauce, 1/2 c. flour, 2 beaten eggs, and 2 c. Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP popcorn crumbs.
- Dip chicken tenders into bbq sauce, then flour, then beaten egg, and then popcorn crumbs until well-coated.
- Place chicken tenders on a greased non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes; flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Brush baked chicken tenders with additional honey bbq sauce to taste.
WHAT OTHER RECIPES CAN YOU MAKE WITH POPCORN?
- Popcorn can be used as a substitute for bread crumbs in recipes like meatballs, breaded pork chops, mac & cheese, or even roasted vegetables.
- Popcorn can be used as a crunchy topping on salads or soups.
- Popcorn makes a great addition to any trail mix or homemade granola bars.
- Popcorn can be used in desserts – think gooey marshmallow bars, caramel corn, cookies, or ice cream sundaes!
When it comes to chicken tenders, I’m pretty sure my kids are connoisseurs. Which makes sense, given the fact that they’re on nearly every kids’ menu and my kids seem to order them nearly every time we eat out.
I’m pretty sure they could tell you not only which restaurants have the best ones, but also what differentiates one from another and what makes the good ones SO good.
Either that…..or they just really love chicken tenders any way they can get them.
And honestly, when it comes to chicken tenders, what’s not to love?
Between the tender, juicy chicken strips and the crispy coating and the delicious sauce to finish them off, let’s just say I understand my kids’ obsession. And even though I’m sure they’ll continue to order them every time we go out to eat…I love making them at home, too.
Especially because when you make them at home, the possibilities are endless!
I recently decided to mix things up and make our favorite chicken tenders using Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn in place of bread crumbs. And let me just say….it made ALL. The. Difference.
Because not only do we love chicken tenders, but we LOVE Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP! My kids really like the Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn flavor, and I like the fact that it’s a delicious, whole grain snack made with real, simple ingredients.
Each bag of Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP’s popcorn is backed by the brand’s live out loud attitude, where fans are encouraged to “crush it” and accomplish the small victories in life.
And getting my kids to love homemade chicken tenders as much as they love the ones from restaurants? Well, I’m going to go ahead and call that a small victory.
Especially because these Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders are baked, not fried. Which is risky when it comes to kids and their tastes. But this recipe is so packed with flavor, they won’t even notice!
There’s something about the flavor of the kettle corn paired with the honey bbq sauce that’s SO yummy….and with the added crunch from the popcorn? These are hands down the BEST chicken tenders ever.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 657mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 2gSugar: 56gProtein: 17g