Only 15 days until Christmas…..one of the most wonderful days of the year!! Are you excited? Are you anxious? Are you ready?? I’ve been making a concerted effort this year NOT to freak out about Christmas prep or Christmas shopping or what I am or am not doing to make the most of the season (am I being creative enough? thoughtful enough? making it feel special enough for the kids?) Instead, I am trying to focus on doing the little things we always do at this time of year – decorating the tree, putting up the stockings, welcoming Cubby the elf, making Christmas treats, decorating sugar cookies, looking at Christmas lights, reading Christmas stories, snuggling on the couch under a warm blanket…..
Gingerbread Buckeyes – A Christmas tradition
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 1 c. crushed gingersnaps leave some pieces for crunch
- 16 oz. white chocolate candy coating I used Vanilla Candiquik
- additional gingersnap crumbs for topping
- Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar, and softened butter in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in gingersnaps.
- Roll mixture into balls and set on wax paper. Chill 30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate over low heat. Use a fork to dip peanut butter balls into chocolate. Immediately sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs.
- Cool until hardened. Store at room temperature.