5-Ingredient Creamy Coconut Fruit Dip – perfect for dipping fruit, cookies, chocolate…..or eating by the spoonful!
Let’s talk coconut! Because it seems to be one of those things you either love or you hate. So which camp do you fall in?
I have to admit… I spent much of my life hating it. In fact, as a kid, I wouldn’t go anywhere near it! But these days I’ve definitely changed my tune. These days I absolutely love it! If there’s even a hint of coconut, I’m in. And if it’s toasted? Even better.
Well, this Creamy Coconut Dip doesn’t have toasted coconut, but it does have a strong hint of coconut flavor. Combined with cream cheese and powdered sugar, it’s perfectly sweet but not too sweet and makes a delicious dip for fruit, cookies, graham crackers, or any of your favorites!
what you’ll need for this recipe
Cream cheese – Cream cheese creates the creamy base of this dip. I used 8 ounces of plain cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
Powdered sugar – I added 3/4 cup of powdered sugar to sweeten it. Powdered sugar blends well with the cream cheese and results in a smooth, creamy dip without any grittiness.
Coconut extract – For the coconut flavor, I used 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract. Feel free to add more according to taste!
Fruit – Finally, I stirred in blueberries and chopped strawberries to use this as a dip for vanilla wafers. If you plan to use it as a dip for fruit I would omit the fruit in the dip, itself.
how to make creamy coconut dip
Combine the ingredients. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and coconut extract. Beat on medium speed until well-blended.
Add the fruit (optional). Gently fold in fresh chopped strawberries and blueberries, or just use to garnish the top.
Enjoy! Transfer the dip to a small serving bowl; serve with strawberries, bananas, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or any of your favorites!
- Add 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- Stir in mini chocolate chips
- Add cocoa powder for a chocolate coconut dip
- Use a combination of coconut and vanilla or almond extract
- Add any flavor of yogurt for a lightened up dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- optional fresh strawberries & blueberries, to taste
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and coconut extract in a small mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until well-blended.
- (Optional) Gently fold in fresh chopped strawberries and blueberries, or just use to garnish the top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g