Cranberry-Pecan Coffee Cake is packed with fresh cranberries, pecans, and brown sugar streusel, then topped with a creamy vanilla glaze. Make this cranberry coffee cake recipe for breakfast or dessert....either way, it's perfect for the holidays!
I partnered with Pick 'n Save to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
So. Remember the blogging conference I went to last weekend? Well....no surprise....it was amazing! Not only did I meet SO many people, and make some really great connections, and learn a bunch of valuable blogging tips, but I got a weekend away from my family! On my own. And for the first time in a long time, I felt like a real person.
So much so that by the time Sunday rolled around, I actually missed my kids. I was actually ready to come home. And when I did, I got the BEST welcome from my girls. Squeals, hugs, kisses, snuggles, and some long, hard stares from Myla. I'm pretty sure she had started to question whether I was ever coming back.
It was such a good reminder to me that, as cliche as it sounds, there really is no place like home. And one of my favorite parts of being home is the food! Because as delicious as donuts and deep dish pizza and nachos are, they're not homemade. But this coffee cake? Let's just say that when I baked it the other day, it smelled like home. It smelled like family and holidays and togetherness.
Because this cranberry-pecan coffee cake is my grandma's recipe, and it's the coffee cake recipe my mom always made for special occasions when I was growing up.
Of course, I couldn't just leave the recipe alone, especially when cranberries are in season. They're the perfect addition to my favorite coffee cake. (That, and the glaze!) Did you know that Wisconsin is the nation's leading producer of cranberries, harvesting more than 60% of the country's crop? Ever since I started seeing them in stock at Pick 'n Save, I've been dreaming up this cranberry coffee cake. And let me tell you - it was worth the wait. I've been enjoying it every morning with my coffee....and I can't wait to make it for Thanksgiving. Because even though it's a coffee cake, it works perfectly well as a dessert!
Cranberry-pecan coffee cake is perfect for Thanksgiving, perfect for Christmas, and it's a delicious taste of home.
Cranberry-Pecan Coffee Cake
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. fresh cranberries
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter softened
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c. coarsely chopped pecans
- Vanilla Drizzle:
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Cream 1/2 c. butter, sugar, and vanilla thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, blending after each addition.
- Spread half of batter in a tube pan that has been greased and lightly floured.
- Top with 1/2 c. cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining butter, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice together. Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle half of streusel mixture evenly over batter.
- Cover with remaining batter; top with remaining streusel and cranberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50-60 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pan.
- Prepare drizzle by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and mixing until smooth.
- Top cake with drizzle before serving.
Looking for more cranberry recipes? You might enjoy these!