Butternut Squash Risotto is rich and creamy, flavored with allspice, walnuts, Parmesan, and chardonnay. It’s the perfect fall risotto recipe, and a delicious addition to any holiday table!
I partnered with Cambria Winery to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
What is it about this time of year that makes me feel like I might be getting stuck in a rut? I think it might have something to do with the shorter days….and the colder weather….and ALL the weekly activities. I’m starting to feel like I’m settling in for a LONG winter. And it’s only November!
I find myself daydreaming about a vacation, longing for some spontaneity, waiting for the weekend. Because even though I know that schedules are good and routine is necessary, the fact is, it’s just not as fun. I, for one, am all for getting out of the rut and doing something a little different.
Of course, with the holidays just around the corner, I’ve been thinking a lot about this. How do I celebrate the traditions and still keep things fresh? Turns out this Butternut Squash Risotto is just the thing. It’s creamy and comforting, like Thanksgiving should be, and its flavors are subtle, so it pairs well with the rest of the traditional spread. Best of all, it’s made with Cambria Katherine’s Vineyard Chardonnay. And for the red lovers in the group, you will LOVE my Pomegranate Apple Cranberry Sauce made with Pinot Noir. So not only can you enjoy a glass of wine with your holiday dinner, but you can have a taste of it in the meal, itself!
When it comes to the holidays, I like to make things special. Cambria Wines are a great way to do that! Their Chardonnay is crisp, bright, and fruity – the perfect white to serve – and their Pinot Noir has a silky, rich texture with dark berry aromas – the perfect red! Because, as much as people like mixing things up, when it comes to wine, the classics are still the best. So leave the mixing to the menu. Pour yourself and your guests a glass of Cambria wine, and everyone will be happy! Happy holidays!
Here’s the butternut squash risotto recipe:
Butternut Squash Risotto
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. butternut squash cooked and chopped
- 1/2 c. onion finely chopped
- 1 c. arborio rice
- 1 c. Cambria Katherine's Vineyard Chardonnay
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot. Stir in squash and onions and cook over medium heat until squash softens and can be mashed.
- Add arborio rice and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add Chardonnay and cook, stirring, until liquid is incorporated.
- Begin adding chicken broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until liquid is incorporated.
- Once all the liquid is incorporated, and the risotto is nice and creamy, remove pan from heat.
- Stir in allspice, salt, and pepper.
- Serve, topped with walnuts and parmesan cheese.