Warm up this winter with a big bowl of Chicken Vegetable Soup! Loaded with chicken, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and corn, this chicken soup is hearty, satisfying, and so delicious.
The perfect alternative to chicken noodle, this Chicken Vegetable Soup is literally packed with veggies and full of flavor. If you’re looking for a dinner option your whole family can agree on, look no further. This soup is it!
Best of all, it’s ready in 30 minutes or less, which makes it an ideal option for busy weeknights or lazy weekend days. Our family loves trying new soup recipes, and this Chicken Vegetable Soup is definitely one worth trying….and making again and again!
So. Has the cold weather set in where you live? Here in Wisconsin it’s been in the single digits for DAYS. Or maybe for weeks. To be honest, I’ve stopped keeping track. All I know is that it’s COLD out there….and I am choosing to leave my house as little as possible.
These days, my outings mainly consist of trips to the grocery store. Because even when it’s cold, we still have to eat. But other than that? It’s been a while since I’ve chosen to set foot outside.
Of course, there are pros and cons to this type of decision. Pro? I stay warm. Con? I rarely see other people….except at the grocery store. Clearly I won’t be able to maintain this forever.
But for now, it’s working. I’m spending my days in comfy clothes, sitting in front of the fireplace, bundling up in blankets….and….eating lots of soup!
Seriously. Is there any better food to warm up with than a delicious bowl of soup? I think not. And my latest favorite is this Chicken Vegetable Soup, made with broccoli, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, corn, and rotisserie chicken. I LOVE using rotisserie chicken in soups because it adds the best flavor and makes them so incredibly easy. This Chicken Vegetable Soup is ready in under 30 minutes, which means it’s not only delicious, but also totally practical.
We all know that weeknights can get crazy…..and if you’re anything like me, you’re constantly on the lookout for new EASY dinner ideas. Especially ones your kids will actually eat! Well, my whole family loved this chicken soup recipe. In fact, they devoured it! Which always feels like win at the end of a long day.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS RECIPE?
- Cream of Celery Soup
- Chicken Broth
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP?
- Prepare vegetables by chopping into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, combine cream of celery soup and chicken broth. Heat to boiling.
- Add potatoes; boil 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and seasonings.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
TO PREP IN ADVANCE:
This soup can easily be prepped in advance by pre-chopping the chicken and veggies and storing them in the refrigerator until ready to use. The veggies will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
The easiest way to reheat this soup is in a small pan on the stovetop. You may want to add more broth before reheating.
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER VARIATIONS OF THIS RECIPE?
- Choose your vegetables. I used a combination of potatoes, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and corn…but you can feel free to switch things up according to your family’s tastes.
- Choose your chicken. For this recipe I used 1 rotisserie chicken, which came out to about 3 cups of meat. Any type of cooked chicken would work well….and if your family doesn’t like chicken? Italian sausage would also work well in this recipe.
- Choose your thickness. We love a hearty soup that’s packed with delicious ingredients, but if you prefer more broth, feel free to decrease the amounts of vegetables and/or chicken OR simply add more broth.
- Make it creamy if you choose. This soup has a small amount of creaminess from the cream of mushroom soup, but you can feel free to add more by using heavy cream, half and half, or even sour cream. A bit of shredded cheese would also make a nice addition!
Looking for more delicious soup recipes? Here are some of our favorites:
- Creamy Sausage Gnocchi Soup
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Noodle Soup
- French Onion Noodle Soup
- Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup
- Tortellini Minestrone Soup
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Quinoa Taco Soup
- White Cheddar Beer Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 1202mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 18g