Warm up this winter with a big bowl of Chicken Vegetable Soup. Loaded with rotisserie chicken, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and corn, this soup is hearty, satisfying, and oh so delicious.
It's the perfect low carb alternative to chicken noodle, and it has more flavor, too! Best of all, it's ready in just 30 minutes, which makes it an ideal option for busy weeknights.
If you're looking for a healthy, veggie-packed dinner your whole family can agree on, look no further. This one is sure to become a favorite!
So. Has the cold weather set in where you live? Here in Wisconsin it's been in the single digits for DAYS. Or maybe for weeks. To be honest, I've stopped keeping track. All I know is that it's COLD out there, and I'm choosing to leave my house as little as possible.
Of course, there are pros and cons to this type of decision. Pros? I stay warm. Cons? I rarely see other people. Clearly I won't be able to maintain this forever. But for now, I'm spending my days in comfy clothes, sitting in front of the fireplace, bundling up in blankets... and eating lots of soup.
Seriously. Is there any better way to warm up in winter than with a delicious bowl of soup? I think not. And I'm always up for trying new kinds. Especially when they're easy. And especially when they involve lots of vegetables!
This recipe starts with rotisserie chicken and is packed with ALL the veggies your heart desires. And it couldn't be easier to make. Which makes it a definite win any day of the week!
- Cream of Celery Soup
- Chicken Broth
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Prepare vegetables by chopping into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, combine cream of celery soup and chicken broth. Heat to boiling.
- Add potatoes; boil 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and seasonings.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
To prep in advance:
This soup can easily be prepped in advance by pre-chopping the chicken and veggies and storing them in the refrigerator until ready to use. The veggies will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
The easiest way to reheat this soup is in a small pan on the stovetop. You may want to add more broth before reheating.
- Choose your vegetables. I used a combination of potatoes, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and corn...but you can feel free to switch things up according to your family's tastes.
- Choose your chicken. For this recipe I used 1 rotisserie chicken, which came out to about 3 cups of meat. Any type of cooked chicken would work well....and if your family doesn't like chicken? Italian sausage would also work well in this recipe.
- Choose your thickness. We love a hearty soup that's packed with delicious ingredients, but if you prefer more broth, feel free to decrease the amounts of vegetables and/or chicken OR simply add more broth.
- Make it creamy if you choose. This soup has a small amount of creaminess from the cream of mushroom soup, but you can feel free to add more by using heavy cream, half and half, or even sour cream. A bit of shredded cheese would also make a nice addition!
More delicious soup recipes:
- Creamy Sausage Gnocchi Soup
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Noodle Soup
- French Onion Noodle Soup
- Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup
- Tortellini Minestrone Soup
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Quinoa Taco Soup
More easy dinner recipes:
- 1 can cream of celery soup (substitute cream of chicken or cream of mushroom if desired)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine cream of celery soup and chicken broth. Heat to boiling.
- Add potatoes; boil 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 1202mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g