This Chicken Noodle Casserole takes everyone’s favorite comfort food and turns it into a hearty dinner casserole the whole family will love!
This dish is packed with all the delicious flavors of chicken noodle soup and has that creamy factor no one can resist. Best of all, it’s made with simple ingredients, easy to prep in advance, and ready in just 30 minutes with the help of Reames Frozen Egg Noodles.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that’s guaranteed to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters, look no further. This chicken casserole is guaranteed to be a hit!
I partnered with Reames to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible.
I don’t know about you, but my kids would literally eat noodles for every meal. They love them with butter, with sauce, with cheese (of course), and pretty much any way they can get them. So it’s a no brainer for me to incorporate them into as many meals as I can!
I recently made this Chicken Noodle Casserole for dinner, and my kids LOVED it. They even went back for seconds! I mean…what’s not to love about creamy, cheesy chicken and noodles??
Especially when they’re Reames Frozen Egg Noodles. If you’ve already tried them, you know exactly what I mean. And if you haven’t? You MUST. They’re a total game changer! They’re thick and hearty and taste so much better than the dried kind. And they’re made with just 3 ingredients and no preservatives. They’re the perfect noodles to incorporate into all your cold weather egg noodle recipes.
Reames are known as “the mighty forkin’ noodles”…and for good reason! They hold up to the fork test every single time, unlike other noodles which tend to be flimsy and fall apart. You can find them in the freezer section of your local grocery store. And let me tell you…your kids will love noodles even more than they already do.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. dried onion
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 package frozen peas & carrots (2 c.)
- 2 c. chopped cooked chicken
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- 1 package Reames Frozen Egg Noodles
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, chicken, and shredded cheese.
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions; combine cooked noodles with other ingredients.
- Spread mixture into a 9×13 inch pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
What kind of chicken do you use?
Any kind of chopped, cooked chicken will work. You can use leftover chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken, or even pre-cooked chicken strips from the grocery store.
What can you use in place of cream of chicken soup?
You can replace one or both of the creamy soups with mayo, sour cream, or a homemade substitute. To make the homemade substitute, simply cook a little flour and butter until it forms a paste, then whisk in some milk and chicken broth. You will need to add extra seasonings to replace the flavor from the condensed soups.
- Use any type of frozen mixed vegetables in place of peas & carrots
- Use leftover turkey in place of chicken
- Add crushed Ritz crackers or panko bread crumbs on top
- Substitute your favorite kind of cheese for the Cheddar Jack
- Add an extra layer of cheese on top
To make it in advance:
This recipe is easy to make in advance. Simply prepare it according to the recipe instructions, then cover and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it. You will need to increase the baking time to 45-60 minutes.
How to store leftovers:
Leftovers can be stored, covered, right in the baking pan or in a smaller container in the refrigerator. Leftovers should be used within 3 days.
What do you serve with it?
- Dinner rolls
- Garlic bread
- Side salad
- Cooked vegetables
Side dish suggestions:
More chicken dinner recipes:
- Lemon Chicken Rice Casserole
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Noodle Soup
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combined condensed soups, milk, and seasonings. Mix well.
3. Stir in frozen vegetables, cheese, and cooked chicken.
4. Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Add to ingredients in bowl and mix well.
5. Transfer to a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, until heated through.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.