Cherry Cheesecake Gingerbread Trifle is the perfect dessert recipe for the holidays! It’s easy to make, delicious to enjoy, and guaranteed to impress all your holiday guests!
You know those things about your family that you don’t really notice until someone else points them out? Like the fact that you’re all loud talkers or the fact that everyone gets their humor from Dad or….in the case of my family….the fact that you’re ALL obsessed with desserts!?!?
Check out the video for this recipe on YouTube!
It’s true. My family has an obsession with desserts! I never really noticed it growing up…because back then, it just seemed normal. But now that I’m an adult, and I have other families to compare mine to, I realize that it’s not completely “normal” to have an entire dessert buffet at every family gathering.
It’s true! We typically have at least 3 dessert options any time we get together…and when the holidays come around, you better believe there are even more. And you know what? I wouldn’t change it for the world. There’s just something about dessert (and lots of it) that feels like home…and family…and togetherness. If there’s one thing that’s guaranteed to make everyone happy, it’s dessert!
So naturally, I’ve started to give some thought to what I’ll be making for this year’s get togethers. And naturally, this Cherry Cheesecake Gingerbread Trifle came to mind! Because, well, it’s a no-brainer. Cheesecake is always a holiday favorite, and no holiday season is complete without gingerbread! Add in some cherry pie filling, and you have an easy, delicious Cherry Cheesecake Gingerbread Trifle that’s guaranteed to impress.
This Cherry Cheesecake Gingerbread Trifle recipe means the holiday season is looking pretty sweet, if you ask me.
- 1 box Gingerbread Cake Mix
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 2 cups heavy cream, very cold
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare cake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- Cut into 1 inch squares; layer half of cake in the bottom of an 8 inch trifle dish.
- In a large chilled mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Using chilled beaters, beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Cut cream cheese into four pieces and add them to whipped cream.
- Continue beating on high speed until cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- Layer half of cream cheese mixture on top of gingerbread cake in trifle dish.
- Top with 1 can cherry pie filling.
- Repeat layers, ending with cherry pie filling on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g