Take your grilling to the next level with this Easy Chicken Marinade! Made with simple, everyday ingredients, this easy marinade comes together in minutes and gives the BEST flavor to grilled chicken.
It combines savory and sweet flavors with just a touch of spice for meat that’s moist, flavorful, and extremely versatile.
If you love grilled chicken, you’ll love the difference this easy marinade makes!
I partnered with Pick ‘n Save to bring you this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
I don’t know about you, but at this time of year I’m pretty much obsessed with grilling. And not just because it means my husband helps with dinner…although that’s clearly a nice bonus…but because summer and grilling were basically made for each other.
I love how quick it is, how effortless it feels, and the fact that anything grilled just tastes better. And I especially love the fact that grilling is such a great way to bring people together.
Whether it’s for a neighborhood barbecue, a Labor Day cookout, or a last minute dinner with friends, there’s something about grilling in summertime that’s simply irresistible.
We love grilling all kinds of foods, but our go to is always chicken. Because grilled chicken is delicious on its own, in salads, like this Chicken Fajita Salad and this Cherry Almond Arugula Salad, or in so many other recipes. The possibilities for it are virtually endless.
And if you’ve grilled much chicken in your life, you know that a good marinade really does make all the difference. It keeps the chicken moist and tender, and the flavor it adds is EVERYTHING.
I’m a big fan of the flavors in this Easy Chicken Marinade because they’re the perfect blend of savory and sweet with just a touch of spice. And they goes well with any of the other flavors in your meal! Best of all, this easy marinade is made with ingredients you most likely already have on hand.
And if you don’t have them on hand….you can find everything you need to make it at your local Pick ‘n Save. From the Simple Truth orange juice and olive oil to the Kroger lemon juice and seasonings, Pick ‘n Save has it all. Including the chicken!
I LOVE the fact that I’m always able to find exactly what I’m looking for when I shop there, and I love the great selection of products and brands.
And when it comes to this Easy Chicken Marinade, getting the ingredients is literally the hardest part. Once you have what you need, it’s simply a matter of measuring and mixing….and you have yourself a delicious marinade that truly is the ONLY marinade recipe you need.
WHAT IS A MARINADE?
A marinade is a sauce, typically made of oil, vinegar, spices, and herbs, in which meat, fish, or other food is soaked before cooking in order to flavor or soften it.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN MARINADE?
- In a large ziploc bag or container, combine 1/2 c. olive oil, 1/2 c. orange juice, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 tsp. dried minced onion, 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add 2 lbs. chicken, close bag, and shake gently until chicken is completely covered.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Remove chicken from the bag and discard marinade.
- Grill or prepare chicken as desired.
CAN YOU MARINATE FROZEN CHICKEN?
Marinating frozen chicken is a great way to go. You an actually add the marinade to the chicken while it is still frozen and let it thaw as it is soaking up the flavor of the marinade.
CAN YOU REUSE MARINADE?
Marinade can not be reused as it contains harmful bacteria. If you would like to use some of your marinade as a sauce, it is best to reserve a small amount for this purpose.
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. Simple Truth orange juice
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 lbs. Simple Truth chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl; whisk together. *You an also combine them directly in
- Pour over chicken and refrigerate in a large ziploc bag or container 2 hours - 2 days.
- Remove chicken from marinade and prepare as desired. Discard remaining marinade.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 727mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 48g