Some people say “Don’t mess with perfection.” That was my initial thought when I tasted the handful of candy corn and dry roasted peanuts from my sister Carrie. It was absolutely delicious – the way the sweet candy corn mixed with the dry, salty peanuts – clearly a match made in heaven.
But I couldn’t leave it alone. I had to mess. So what could possibly make this perfect combination even better?
White chocolate. And peanut butter. CLEARLY.
I melted them together in a small saucepan, and stirred in the candy corn/peanut concoction.
Then dropped them in clusters onto parchment paper, and refrigerated until hardened.
And…if possible…they were even better than the perfect handful that inspired them! Here’s the recipe:
Candy Corn Peanut Clusters
- 1 cup white chocolate I used Wilton Candy Melts
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- Combine 1 c. white chocolate and 1/4 c. peanut butter in a small saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring often to avoid burning.
- Add peanuts and candy corn to melted white chocolate & peanut butter.
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate or let stand at room temperature to harden.