This Baileys Mint Martini combines Creme de Menthe with Baileys Irish Cream in a delicious cocktail that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, Christmas, or any special occasion!
You know how there are some things people either love or hate? Well, I feel like martinis are one of those things. They can be expensive… and boozy… and sometimes even hard to drink. But if you do them right? They can be so much fun!
With the holidays right around the corner, I thought I’d share one of my favorite easy-to-drink martinis with you – this Baileys Mint Martini. It not only tastes amazing, but it has the most vibrant green color, making it a fun and festive cocktail for all your holiday celebrations!
Because unlike martinis, which are more of a love or hate type of thing, Baileys is just one of those things that everyone seems to LOVE. And when you combine Baileys with mint, it becomes a festive combo that’s perfect for any holiday celebration!
what you’ll need for this recipe
Baileys – Baileys adds a distinct Irish Cream flavor to this drink. You can feel free to use any brand of Irish Cream OR substitute a flavored variety such as chocolate, vanilla mint, or tiramisu.
Creme de menthe – Creme de Menthe is a mint flavored liqueur that can either be green or clear. I used green creme de menthe in this cocktail.
Vodka – I also added vodka, a key ingredient in many martinis, to balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients. My favorite is Tito’s!
Half & half – Half & half gives this martini an extra rich, creamy flavor. I used equal parts of half & half, vodka, creme de menthe, and Baileys.
What is Baileys Irish Cream?
- Baileys is an Irish whiskey and cream based liqueur.
- It contains a cocoa extract, which gives it its distinct chocolatey flavor and essence.
- It has an alcohol content of 17%.
- It is often served on the rocks, with coffee, or as a key ingredient in the ever-popular Mudslide.
how to make a baileys mint martini
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Fill your cocktail shaker 1/2 – 2/3 full with ice.
Add the ingredients and shake. Add the Baileys, Creme de Menthe, vodka, and half & half. Shake well to chill the drink, blend the flavors, and let the ice dilute the alcohol a bit.
Strain and enjoy! Place the strainer over the top of the shaker and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, cocoa powder, or as desired. Enjoy!
- I found that my favorite version of this Baileys Mint Martini contained an equal ratio of Baileys Irish Cream, Creme de Menthe, vodka, and half & half. Of course, you can always adjust the ingredients according to your specific tastes.
- I especially love the green color produced by using green creme de menthe, but again, it might be a love or hate kind of thing. So if the color is a turn off to you? Feel free to use clear creme de menthe and your drink will be more the color of Baileys.
- I love the fun whipped cream and chocolate garnishes, but if you’re not a garnish kind of person, feel free to serve your martini garnish-free!
more baileys recipes you’ll love
- Baileys Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Baileys Chocolate Chip Dip
- Baileys Chocolate Mousse
- Baileys Shamrock Shake
- Baileys Buttercream Frosting
- Baileys Mocha Cheesecake Cups
- Baileys Chocolate Mint Pudding Parfaits
- Baileys Chocolate Mint Milkshake
- 1 ounce Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ounce green Creme de Menthe liqueur
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce half & half
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add ingredients; cover and shake well.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 0gSugar: 40gProtein: 1g