Looking to mix up your salad routine? This Mexican Street Corn Quinoa is for you! Loaded with all the delicious flavors of Mexican Street Corn, this quinoa salad is fresh, flavorful, and perfect for summer!
So I mentioned back in February that we’re in the process of planning a kitchen renovation. And now, suddenly, it’s right around the corner. And I’m nowhere near ready for it! Because blogging and no kitchen don’t exactly go well together….and that reality is just now sinking in.
It’s funny how you can talk yourself into anything that’s really far away. Because it doesn’t actually feel real! Not until you get the phone call, letting you know that the renovation date has been set for two weeks, and suddenly you freak out because you thought you had so much more time….! Yep, that’s exactly where I’m at. May 8th is the date!
So I guess what that means is it’s time to buckle down. In a serious way. Time to take a long, hard look at my to-do list and start checking things off. Starting with all things blog related. Because there are certain things I need to get done and certain things I want to get done, and I want to get it ALL done before demolition begins.
This Mexican Street Corn Quinoa falls somewhere in the want/need category because I literally haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since I dreamed it up the other day. Which clearly means I’ve been needing to make it, right? I love quinoa in all shapes and sizes, like Southwest Quinoa Salad and Red, White & Blue Berry Quinoa Salad and Sweet Potato Kale Quinoa. And as soon as I made this Mexican Street Corn Quinoa I knew it was exactly the right way to be spending my time.
Because this quinoa is loaded with all the flavors of Mexican Street Corn, which means it’s pretty much amazing. Perfect as a side dish for summer cookouts…or as a main dish if you’re looking for something on the lighter side. And even though my to-do list hasn’t gotten any shorter, I somehow feel better knowing that I can put a big checkmark next to Mexican Street Corn Quinoa. And now I can just enjoy it…..all. summer. long.
- 1 c. uncooked quinoa, prepared according to package instructions
- 12 oz. frozen corn, charred OR 2-3 ears corn on the cob, grilled (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 c. fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ c. diced red pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 5 oz. queso fresco or cotija cheese, crumbled
- ¼ c. sour cream
- ¼ c. mayo
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, grilled corn, cilantro, red pepper, sliced onions, and crumbled cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, lime juice, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Pour sour cream mixture over quinoa mixture and stir to combine.
- Garnish with additional crumbled cheese and cilantro, as desired.