When it comes to dinner recipes, meatballs are at the top of our list. They’re easy, versatile, and delicious… and this recipe is our favorite.
Made with just 6 ingredients, these are our GO TO for any occasion. They’re hearty and flavorful and they don’t fall apart like some do, which makes them the perfect option for everything from pasta to sandwiches to soups.
If you love meatballs and are looking for a recipe you can count on for amazing flavor, texture, and versatility, you’ve come to the right place. Dinner just got a whole lot easier… and a whole lot more delicious!
There are only a handful of dinners my family requests… repeatedly… and Spaghetti & Meatballs is one of them. I’m sure that comes as no surprise. I mean – who doesn’t LOVE a classic dish that always tastes amazing?
It’s one of those things I never mind making (probably because it gets zero complaints) and it’s one of the few things I enjoy just as much as my kids do. And I especially love it with homemade turkey meatballs.
Not gonna lie – I’ve definitely gone the store bought frozen route – and then regretted it. Every. Single. Time. Because once you go homemade, there’s literally nothing that compares.
I love making a huge batch to use in pasta dishes, subs, and soups, and if I happen to have any leftovers? Well, it just so happens that they freeze well, too. Which basically makes this recipe a win-win-win. Not that there was any question.
Homemade meatballs have better flavor and texture than store bought (especially frozen) and I love the fact that you know exactly what ingredients are going into them. This recipe requires just a few quick selections from the grocery store, or you may already have them on hand.
- 3 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 package dry onion soup mix (1 oz.)
- 2 c. Italian-style bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 3 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 4 c. marinara sauce
Preparing these meatballs really is as easy as measuring, mixing, and scooping. They can also be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen until you’re ready to use them (see section below).
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, soup mix, bread crumbs, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Use a 1 oz. scoop to measure out equal amounts; roll the mixture into balls and place on pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- In a large pot, heat marinara sauce to boiling and add cooked meatballs.
- Reduce heat and simmer 4 hours.
🌿 Recipe variations
- Substitute lean ground beef for ground turkey
- Use fresh herbs in place of dried herbs
- Add basil, rosemary, or thyme
- Use panko bread crumbs in place of regular
- Add chopped onion, mushrooms, or other veggies to the meat mixture
- Prepare with Alfredo sauce in place of marinara
- Omit marinara sauce and add baked meatballs directly to soup
🌡 To make in advance
This recipe can easily be made in advance in the following ways:
- Combine ingredients and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to scoop into balls.
- Scoop into balls and refrigerate on baking pan until ready to bake.
- Scoop into balls and freeze until ready to use.
To freeze meatballs, form the mixture into balls and either freeze directly on baking pan (covered tightly to prevent freezer burn) or in an airtight freezer container between layers of wax paper. Frozen meatballs can be added directly to sauce and will thaw out while simmering.
♨️ Storing & reheating
Leftover meatballs will be best when stored in a sauce or other type of liquid to help them retain moisture. They can also be stored on their own, and will soak up whatever liquid you use them in. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The easiest way to reheat them is to add them to a hot sauce or liquid (such as soup) and cook over medium-low until they’re heated through.
- Loaded Italian Salad
- Chopped Italian Salad
- Cheesy Muffin Tin Biscuits
- Caprese Panzanella
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad
🍝 Related recipes
- Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Chicken
- Cheddar Apple Turkey Burgers
- Sloppy Joes
- Chili Mac
- Tater Tot Casserole
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g