This shop as been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
2 delicious summer salads – Chopped Italian & Peachy Cobb – inspired by fresh summer produce from Pick ‘n Save!
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a salad fanatic. I don’t use that term lightly….I am, in fact, crazy about salad! If it were up to me, I’d eat salad every day….and not just for lunch, but for dinner, too! It’s typically my meal of choice at restaurants….preferably with some bread on the side (I still love my carbs!)….and I love experimenting with different flavor combinations to come up with something new and delicious.One of my favorite places to shop for summer produce is Pick ‘n Save, and judging from the photos, I’m sure you can see why! (Check out the amazing selection!!) So when #CollectiveBias teamed up with #MyPicknSave for a summer salad promotion, you better believe I jumped on board!
I had a few thoughts in mind before I got to the store, but once I was there I decided to let the amazing produce do the talking. I picked up my salad staples – mixed greens, grape tomatoes, multi-colored bell peppers, and avocado…..and then decided to peruse the produce area to see what jumped out at me. Lo and behold, it was the peaches! I’ve been loving peaches lately and just knew they would add a delicious twist to a summer salad. And guess what…..I was right!
I grabbed some marinated chicken breasts, applewood smoked bacon, a few of my favorite cheeses, and some pecans for good measure…..and headed home to create. Let me just say – for a salad fanatic like me, there is nothing more satisfying than coming up with a brand new flavor combination you know you’re going to LOVE!
Especially when it’s one you know your friends & family will love, too. Because salads aren’t just my favorite thing to eat….they’re also one of my favorite things to serve when people come over for lunch. (I can’t be the “salad queen” who never serves salad, right??)
Well, I’m happy to report that my family LOVED these salads…..almost as much as I did. And I loved the fact that they were made with fresh, healthy, and delicious ingredients….right down to the homemade dressings. When produce is abundant, you HAVE to take advantage of it! And when you take advantage of it in delicious ways, you never know….you may just become as big of a salad fanatic as I am!
Chopped Italian Salad & Peachy Cobb Salad
Chopped Italian Salad
- 1 6 oz bag butter lettuce or mixed greens, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. cooked chicken breast chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/2 c. chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 c. chopped yellow pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped orange pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1/2 c. Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 pcs. bacon cooked & crumbled
- For the Dressing:
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried mustard
Peachy Cobb Salad
- 1 5 oz bag mixed greens
- 1-2 peaches chopped
- 6 pieces bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1 c. chicken cooked & chopped
- 1 c. chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/2 c. crumbled goat cheese
- 2 slices red onion minced
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 c. bbq sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray's
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to distribute.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar; shake well, pour over salad and enjoy!
Peachy Cobb Salad
- Divide mixed greens evenly among 2-4 salad bowls.
- Top with remaining ingredients, divided accordingly, as pictured.
- Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!