Everyone loves bacon, and this is our FAVORITE way to make it! Easy oven baked bacon turns out perfect every time… with no splatter and no mess. Ready in just 20 minutes, and the oven does all the work!
I think we can all agree on one thing: Bacon makes everything better! The only problem with it? It’s a mess to make, a mess to clean up… and there never seems to be a skillet quite big enough for a crowd.
Which is exactly why this Oven Bacon is so perfect. There’s no mess, no clean up, and it’s the easiest way to make it for a large group. Best of all, it’s a completely hands-off cooking method, which makes it extra easy to get breakfast on the table.
Ever since I learned you could make bacon in the oven, it’s literally the ONLY way I make it. Because let’s be honest… who wants to stand over a hot skillet getting splattered by grease if you don’t have to!? Definitely not me!
For all you bacon lovers out there… this recipe is life changing. Try it for your next breakfast and you’ll wonder why you ever did it any other way!
🥓 What you need
This “recipe” couldn’t be easier to make. All you really need is bacon, a rimmed baking sheet (do NOT use a flat one), and either parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- 1 lb. bacon
- parchment paper
- rimmed baking sheet(s)
For the best results, be sure your oven is fully heated before you place the baking sheets in it. Also be sure not to overlap the bacon, or it won’t be able to crisp.
- Heat the oven – The first step is to preheat your oven to 400° F
- Prepare the baking sheet – Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (you may need to use two).
- Prepare the bacon – Place bacon strips in a single layer on parchment paper. Do not overlap.
- Bake the bacon – Bake at 400° for approximately 15-18 minutes. Ovens vary and so do tastes… so time will vary, too!
- Drain the bacon – Remove from oven and transfer to paper towels to drain before serving.
Let’s be honest… bacon doesn’t really need anything extra to be delicious. But just in case you want to mix things up and have some fun, here are some of our favorite ideas!
- For extra crispy bacon, place a wire rack over the parchment paper and cook the bacon on the rack.
- Substitute aluminum foil for parchment paper
- Before baking, season bacon with cajun seasoning, jerk seasoning, or any seasoning blend you have on hand
- Add garlic cloves to the pan with bacon
- Brush par-cooked bacon with maple syrup, barbecue sauce, or a honey/sriracha blend, then return to the oven for 5 minutes to let the flavors bake in
- Bake for more or less time, depending on desired level of crispiness
🥗 Recipes using bacon
Many recipes call for cooked bacon, and this method is always our go to. If you’re looking for ways to use up leftovers, here are some delicious recipes to try:
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels
- Strawberry Bacon Blue Cheese Salad
- Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Bacon Blue Cheese Corn Salad
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Salad
- Bacon Cheddar Popovers
- Maple Bacon Pancake Muffins
- Blackberry Bacon Blue Cheese Salad
🍳 More breakfast recipes
Bacon is an essential part of any breakfast, but even the most avid enthusiasts will agree you need more. These are some of our favorite breakfast recipes to round out your menu!
- Lemon Berry French Toast Casserole
- Peach Cobbler Baked French Toast
- Caprese Quiche
- Cheesy Zucchini Bake
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast
- Pineapple Upside Down Coffee Cake
- Cheesy Potatoes
- Lemon Basil Berry Salad
Serving Size: 2 pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 637mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 13g