Hey, Everyone! Thanks so much for stopping by today.....I hope you had a GREAT weekend! Ours was SO nice! We had a fun family night, made s'mores for the first time all summer, went to our 1 year old twin nephews' birthday party, had some friends over for a barbecue, and Greta learned how to ride a 2-wheel bike! (No more training wheels....woo hoo!!) I love having busy weekends....and so do the kids.....but when the end of the weekend rolls around, it is always clear that the kids have been having too much fun....and not enough sleep! And last night was no exception.
It was about 9:00 and Ellia was out of bed for the third time in an hour, telling us she couldn't fall asleep because of Greta. (A pretty typical complaint, since they share a bedroom and are constantly keeping one another awake...) So I headed upstairs to find Greta, in bed, crying, afraid to go to sleep because she was convinced she would have a bad dream. So we talked, and I snuggled her, and then I told her I really hoped she'd have only GOOD dreams....like the ones I had when I was a kid!
I'm pretty convinced that I would have dreamed about this Butterfinger fudge as a kid, too! (Who am I kidding? It will so be showing up in one of my dreams soon!) With the delicious flavor of Butterfinger and the creamy texture of fudge, it's....well.....dreamy! And better yet, it's no bake.....which, in my book, means it's extra dreamy. Because you can't mess it up. And you can make it quickly and easily....even in the midst of a busy, sleep-deprived, bad dream kind of weekend.
No-Bake Butterfinger Fudge
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 2 sticks butter
- 5 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 c. dry milk
- 1 10 oz. bag Butterfinger bites, finely crushed
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 regular size Butterfinger candy bar finely crushed
- 1 16 oz. package chocolate Candiquik (can substitute 16 oz. chocolate chips melted with 1 Tbsp. shortening)
- *Note: I updated this recipe by adding the melted chocolate step 5. For the original recipe, simply cut and serve instead of dipping in chocolate 🙂
- Bring cream cheese and butter to room temperature.
- Add first 6 ingredients to a large bowl and mix with hands until thoroughly combined.
- Press into buttered 9x13 inch pan.
- Top with additional Butterfinger candy bar.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Melt chocolate Candiquik and dip fudge squares into it; set on wax paper to harden.
- Store in refrigerator.