These Cheesy Jalapeño Turkey Sliders are a delicious pairing of two favorites. They combine all the flavors of jalapeño poppers with the ease and simplicity of turkey sliders…all tucked inside delicious King’s Hawaiian rolls.
Perfect for game days or parties, these sandwiches are easy to assemble, great for feeding a crowd, and sure to be a hit!
So I had an interesting conversation with Nora the other day. She was talking about friends and plans and playdates (the girl has a rocking social life) and she told me, quite matter of factly, that she probably can’t have playdates with Megan anymore.
Now, I was a little taken aback, since Megan is one of her best friends from school. So I asked her why….and do you know what she told me? “Because I liked her with long hair.” Ummmm….say what?
Needless to say, we had a little talk. About friendship and hair styles and the fact that we really don’t choose our friends based on the way they look. She sat there and listened….and after a while she turned to me and said, “Okay, I do like her hair. I guess we can still have playdates.” Clearly she was not quite getting it.
Since I didn’t feel like I could just leave it alone, and risk her holding onto this idea, I kept going: “Nora…it doesn’t matter if you like her hair or not. Even if you don’t like her hair, you can still be friends.” And suddenly it clicked. The next thing I knew, she was chanting, “Who likes people even after they get haircuts and look different? Me!!!” Whew. One important life lesson, on the books.
By now you’re probably wondering what this little story has to do with these Cheesy Jalapeño Turkey Sliders. Well, the answer is simple! Because these delicious sandwiches are made on NEW King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls….which, as you can imagine, look just a little different than the original. But here’s the deal: they’re still completely awesome, just like the King’s Hawaiian we know and love!
In fact, I would argue that they’re an essential ingredient in these Cheesy Jalapeño Turkey Sliders. Even though the sandwiches are loaded with plenty of delicious things like turkey and cheese and bacon and jalapeños, it’s the sweet roll packed with extra jalapeño punch that really makes them SO delicious!
Whether you’re a jalapeño fan or not, I promise you will love these sliders. The King’s Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls add delicious flavor without being overly spicy, and the end result is a sandwich that’s perfect for sharing with friends. Regardless of hairstyle.
If you love jalapeños, check out some of our other favorite recipes!
- Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups
- Jalapeño Grilled Cheese
- Jalapeño Bacon Avocado Toast
- Jalapeño Corn Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels
- Cheesy Jalapeño Baked Chicken
Cheesy Jalapeño Turkey Sliders
- 1 package King's Hawaiian Jalapeño Rolls
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 lb. deli turkey
- 6 large deli slices colby jack cheese
- 6 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 large jalapeño chopped (for less spice, remove seeds)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 c. panko bread crumbs
- Separate rolls and slice in half.
- Spread each roll with 1 tsp. cream cheese.
- Fill rolls with turkey, 1/2 slice cheese, bacon, and chopped jalapeños.
- Place prepared sandwiches in 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and spices over low heat.
- Pour melted butter mixture over sandwiches in pan.
- Top with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of King’s Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine.