This Hot Chocolate Banana Bread takes your favorite breakfast treat to the next level! Banana bread infused with rich chocolate flavor and topped marshmallow is a perfect quick snack or sweet treat to go!
Have I ever told you about Michael? And his obsession my banana bread???
I’m imagining right now you’re wondering “who’s Michael?” and I’m thinking that probably means I haven’t ever mentioned him. But don’t worry….that’s about to change. Because there’s no way I can tell you about this banana bread without also telling you about our little friend Michael. Who LOVES my banana bread! And literally asks for it every. single. time. he’s over.
Hot Chocolate Banana Bread – a delicious loaf
To be honest, I find it endearing. And flattering! I mean – to have someone specifically ask for MY banana bread…..that’s a pretty big deal. Especially when that someone is an extremely picky eater.
Apparently, somewhere along the line I was able to convince him to try a piece of it. And I’m telling you….from that day on, he was hooked. He now asks for it at all times of days, in all kinds of ways, and has even been known to take a loaf home as a parting gift. And to be honest, I can’t blame him!
Banana Bread is one of our favorites, which is why I knew it would be the perfect starting point for a delicious treat made with TruMoo Chocolate Milk! TruMoo’s nutritious and delicious chocolaty taste pairs perfectly with banana bread, and since kids love it, it’s a great way to get them the nutrition they need! It’s really a match made in heaven. As in – I’m pretty sure we should ALL be eating our banana bread this way!
Hot Chocolate Banana Bread – A chocolate treat
Also. Have you ever tried TruMoo Chocolate Milk heated up? It makes a simple and delicious hot chocolate….that just so happens to be amazing with a warm slice of Hot Chocolate Banana Bread! Annnnnnnd it comes full circle. Banana Bread + Chocolate Milk = DELICIOUS!! Now all I need is Michael’s approval!
Hot Chocolate Banana Bread with Marshmallow Drizzle
- 2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 2-3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 c. chocolate chunks
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/3 c. marshmallow fluff
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, oil, chocolate milk, bananas & egg.
- Mix by hand or with an electric mixer until fully combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into greased & floured bread pan, or divide among three smaller bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bread is golden brown and center is set - approx. 60 minutes for 1 loaf or approx. 45 minutes for 3 smaller loaves.
- Remove from oven and place pan(s) on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Loosen edges from pan; carefully remove bread and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare drizzle by combining powdered sugar, marshmallow fluff, and 1 Tbsp. milk. Stir to a drizzling consistency; drizzle generously over cooled bread.
If you are a lover of banana bread like my friend Michael, then be sure to try my Coconut-Rum Banana Bread!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.