Ham and Cheese Deviled Eggs are a delicious twist on a classic recipe!
This easy appetizer is made with just a handful of ingredients, comes together quickly, and is always hit at parties and gatherings.
Perfect for Easter brunch, baby showers, or summer cookouts, if you love deviled eggs, you'll LOVE this ham and cheese twist!
What is it about deviled eggs that's SO YUMMY? I mean....they're just eggs, after all....and one of the easiest appetizer recipes ever. And yet, when you bring them to a party or holiday gathering? They're always the first thing to go!
They're a little bit like guacamole in that way. No matter how much of it you make, it's pretty much guaranteed to disappear. Quickly. Because deviled eggs aren't just eggs.....they're so much more! And these Ham and Cheese Deviled Eggs? Well, they're pretty much EVERYTHING.
With Easter just around the corner, and Easter ham most likely on your menu, the timing on these couldn't be more perfect. Not only would they make a delicious addition to your holiday menu, but they're a great way to use up leftover ham, too! (That is, if you have any left after making these Honey Mustard Ham and Cheese Sandwiches....)
It makes sense that Deviled Eggs are such a popular choice for holidays and get togethers. Because in addition to being delicious....they're also SO easy to make. And best of all, they can be completely prepped in advance.
And you can find everything you need to make them at your local Pick 'n Save! I love a grocery store that's guaranteed to have it all, and Pick 'n Save has always been that store for me. And I've especially been loving their Simple Truth brand, an all-natural line of products with so many great options.
These Ham & Cheese Deviled Eggs are made with Simple Truth eggs and Simple Truth shredded white cheddar cheese, although they also have a Mexican Blend and Mozzarella if you're not a fan of cheddar.
HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS:
- Boil the eggs. Here's my favorite method: Place eggs in a large pot. Fill the pot with enough cold water to come one inch above the eggs. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to below simmering, cover, and cook the eggs for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the eggs carefully and rinse with cold water to remove any remaining pieces of shell.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks.
- Combine egg yolks, mayo, and other remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Mash yolks and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites OR use a piping/ziploc bag to pipe mixture into egg whites.
- Garnish as desired.
CAN DEVILED EGGS BE MADE AHEAD?
Deviled Eggs can definitely be made ahead. Just store the egg white halves and yolk mixture separately, both in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Then simply spoon or pipe the filling into the eggs and garnish before serving. I would not recommend filling the eggs in advance.
HOW LONG WILL DEVILED EGGS KEEP?
Deviled Eggs can be kept out at room temperature for 2 hours or stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. But if your family and friends are anything like mine....keeping them won't be an issue!
You better believe these Ham & Cheese Deviled Eggs will be making their way onto our Easter brunch menu, and so will all of our other brunch time favorites! Like Glazed Mimosa Bread, Overnight Sausage Egg Casserole, Lemon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes....the list goes on and on. And just a word to the wise? If you plan to make this deviled egg recipe, I'd highly suggest you double it. And definitely don't plan on any leftovers.
Speaking of leftovers, it just dawned on me that my kids are still hoping to dye Easter eggs. Meaning we'll have hard boiled eggs for days.....and even more reason to make these Ham & Cheese Deviled Eggs again. Trust me....I'm definitely not complaining.
- 6 large Simple Truth eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar, *substitute white vinegar or golden balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 1 tsp. minced fresh parsley
- Boil eggs; drain and rinse with cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks. Set whites aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, mayonnaise, ground mustard, vinegar, and tarragon. Mash yolks an mix until smooth.
- Stir in Simple Truth shredded cheese and diced ham.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to fill whites with yolk mixture.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g