If you love mimosas, this Glazed Mimosa Bread is for you! A delicious quick bread that has all the flavors of your favorite breakfast cocktail, topped with a sweet orange champagne glaze. Perfect for Mother’s Day, weekend brunch, or any special occasion!
I’m not really sure what it is….but there’s something about treating myself to a delicious breakfast that I absolutely love. Maybe more, even, than a nice dinner. Because it sets the tone for the entire day! And it usually means a day that will be spent relaxing.
Don’t get me wrong…..I love a great dinner, too. It’s just that there’s something extra special about breakfast….like you’re giving yourself permission to ease into the day. And to possibly accomplish absolutely NOTHING else. And you’re totally okay with that.
So when a special occasion rolls around, there’s never a question how I want to celebrate. By starting off the day with a delicious bang! Always. And then seeing where the rest of the day takes us. Is it just me, or does that sound absolutely amazing!?!?
As for what, exactly, I want to be eating….my only criteria is that it has to be amazing. And there MUST be mimosas involved. So naturally, this Glazed Mimosa Bread is an obvious choice. Because it combines two of my favorites – mimosas & quick bread – in one delicious bite!
And you guys….you can actually taste the champagne in it! And the delicious Simple Truth Organic Orange Juice. And even though it’s obviously bread….it feels a little bit like drinking a mimosa! And definitely like a treat. Which, if you ask me, is what a fun breakfast is all about.
Best of all, this Glazed Mimosa Quick Bread couldn’t be easier to make. It literally just requires measuring, mixing, pouring, and baking. Then just print the recipe before Mother’s Day and wait for the magic to happen. This Glazed Mimosa Bread is easy enough for your husband (or even your kids) to make. I promise.
And if you’re looking for some delicious recipes to go with it? I’d recommend my Summer Vegetable Breakfast Strata or my Blueberry Granola Muffins or maybe even my Tropical Mimosas. Because – hey – it’s Mother’s Day, right? And if there’s one thing EVERY mom wants on Mother’s Day…..it’s a mimosa!
- 1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 c. champagne, cold or room temperature
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. Simple Truth Orange Juice
- 1/4 c. cooking oil
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. Simple Truth Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. champagne, cold or room temperature
- orange zest
- *If you like a lot of glaze, feel free to double the recipe!
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking power, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine beaten egg, champagne, sour cream, orange juice, oil, and orange zest.
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture and stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Pour batter into 8x4x2 inch bread pan that has been greased on the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by combining powdered sugar, orange juice, and champagne. Mix well and drizzle over cooled bread. Top with orange zest.
To make this recipe without champagne, feel free to substitute any type of white soda such as Sprite or 7-up
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g