This Frozen Death by Chocolate Pie is the ULTIMATE chocolate lover's treat! Loaded with delicious chocolate flavor and topped with homemade whipped cream and hot fudge, this pie is perfect for birthdays, ladies nights, or special occasions. And best of all, it's completely no-bake!
So we are officially back in school mode. Pictures have been taken, information nights have been attended, and nightly homework has begun. And so far....everyone seems happy. Including me!
As much as I love the freedom of summer break, and the ability to say yes to a sleepover any night of the week, there's something I really love about the school year. I love the routine, the schedule, the fact that the kids are doing something productive, and....I love the fact that I finally get a little bit of " me" time back.
Because if there's one thing that's true about summer, it's that it was clearly made for kids. Between camps and play dates and pool days and sleepovers, the summer schedule leaves little time for us adults. And right about now? I'm pretty sure EVERY mom everywhere could use some adult time. (AmIright?)
So I'm thinking it might be time to plan a ladies' night. Complete with all things decadent, like this Death By Chocolate Frozen Pie. As for who to invite? Well, that's easy. I'd invite all my favorite moms from school!
Because not only does back to school time make me realize how much I need some adult time, but it also makes me remember how much I LOVE our school community. And the fact that I've now known some of these moms for 6+ years? Makes me love it even more.
There's something so nice about being part of a community, and the older I get the more I value being part of ours. And not just our school community, but our local community, too. We make a point of attending our local parades and using our local library, swimming at our local pool and eating at our local restaurants. And any chance we get, we make a point of buying local. Because being connected to your local community just feels good.
Which is part of the reason we absolutely LOVE Kemps. Because it's local! Not only are Kemps products delicious, but they're also produced on local family dairy farms with a legacy of hard work and passion going back several generations.
Their wholesome products feed and nourish families everywhere, bringing goodness from the family farm to the family table. It's a circle of good we can all feel, well, GOOD about! And when they're available at our favorite local grocery store, Pick 'n Save, even better.
This Frozen Death by Chocolate Pie starts with Kemps Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Frozen Yogurt and is loaded with all things decadent and delicious. From the chocolate cookie crust to the dark chocolate chunks to the fresh whipped cream and hot fudge drizzle...if you love chocolate, you'll fall in love with this Frozen Death by Chocolate Pie.
It's the perfect way to treat yourself...and all your favorite people....while also supporting an amazing local brand! Which, at the end of the day, is really the best feeling of all. Happy back to school! Now let's eat chocolate!
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1.5 quart container Kemps Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Frozen Yogurt
- ½ c. dark chocolate chunks
- 1 c. Kemps Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 chocolate sandwich cookies
- Hot fudge topping
- Using a food processor, blender, or large plastic bag & rolling pin, crush sandwich cookies into crumbs.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter and mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove frozen yogurt from freezer and allow it to melt just enough that it can be stirred.
- Stir chocolate chunks into frozen yogurt and spread mixture into refrigerated pie crust.
- Prepare whipped cream by combining cold whipping cream and 2 Tbsp. sugar in a cold mixing bowl.
- Whip on medium-high speed until peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over pie; crush remaining 2 cookies into crumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Place pie in freezer overnight or until completely frozen.
- Drizzle with hot fudge before serving.
- *NOTE: for a different texture, whipped cream can also be made immediately before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1858Total Fat: 126gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 71gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 1101mgCarbohydrates: 150gFiber: 20gSugar: 85gProtein: 54g