This Easy Blueberry Pie is one of our favorite summer desserts! It’s simple to make, with just a handful of ingredients, and packed with the sweet taste of fresh blueberries. It’s perfect for summer picnics or parties, and it comes together in no time at all. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a summer treat that’s sure to be a hit!
There are some desserts that are just made for summer… and for me, anything blueberry is at the top of the list. I don’t know about you, but nothing tastes quite as much like summer than fresh blueberries. We wait for them all year long, and I can pretty much guarantee we’ll eat our weight in them over the next couple months.
Even though they tend to disappear quite quickly, every now and then I can sneak some baking in. And you better believe this Blueberry Pie is the FIRST thing I make.
It’s simple and fresh and absolutely delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s everything your favorite pie should be! And it’s SO incredibly easy to make.
I chose to use refrigerated pie crusts for ease and convenience, but you can definitely use a homemade pie crust recipe. I also chose to use cornstarch as a thickener. You can substitute all purpose flour; however, your filling will be a bit more runny.
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts, (contains 2 pie crusts)
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Line a 9 or 10 inch pie plate with a single pie crust. You can use a pre-made refrigerated crust or homemade pie crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine blueberries, 3/4 c. granulated sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Mix to coat blueberries.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Roll out second pie crust and cut into 1/2 inch strips. Lay half of the strips 1/2 inch apart across the top of the pie. Weave the other half over and under to create a lattice top. Trim edges.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar.
- Bake at 400° 45-50 minutes. *Cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent over-browning.
📍 Tips for success
- Grease the bottom and sides of your pie plate for easy removal.
- Watch the edges of the pie closely and cover them with foil if necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Be sure not to under-bake, or you will have an unbaked bottom crust.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing and serving.
🧁 Related recipes
- Blueberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Blueberry Pie Bars
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Lemon Bars
- Blueberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Monkey Bread
Tips for success:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 2g
Tips for success: