This Easy Blueberry Pie is one of our favorite summer desserts! It’s simple to make, with just a handful of ingredients, and packed with the sweet taste of fresh blueberries.
This blueberry pie is perfect for summer picnics or parties, and it comes together in no time at all.
You can serve it as is, straight from the pan, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a summer treat that’s sure to be a hit!
So. The countdown is on. The kids have just 21 days left of school. Which means different things depending on who you ask. For them, of course, it means just 21 days until freedom. And later nights. And no homework. And more fun!
And if you ask me? 21 days left of school means just 21 days to get EVERYTHING done. Because we all know there’s no way I’m accomplishing anything real once summer break starts.
Sure, I’d like to think that while the kids are at summer school or Girl Scout camp or friends’ houses I might be able to sneak in some work time. But the reality is I’ll always have at least one kid at home with me. Good thing summer isn’t really meant for getting work done!
No, summer is meant for relaxing. And catching up with neighbors. And picnics. And swimming. Summer is meant for cookouts and grilling and having fun. And summer is most definitely meant for Blueberry Pie.
And I don’t know about you, but nothing tastes quite as much like summer than blueberries. We wait all year for fresh summer blueberries, and I can pretty much guarantee we’ll eat our weight in them over the next couple months.
The only problem? They’re messy. Like really messy. Especially when you bake them into this Easy Blueberry Pie. Delicious? Yes. Practical with 4 kids? Not so much.
Which is why I literally always have a stockpile of Bounty paper towels on hand. Because my kids are always making messes…and the more time they spend at home, the more messes there are to clean up.
Luckily, I recently discovered new Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels, available on Amazon. The pack contains 16 family rolls of Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels, which is equal to 40 regular rolls! And…it contains 80 more sheets per pack, which means 10 extra day’s worth of paper towels.
I don’t know about your house, but in your house 10 extra days is EVERYTHING. Especially when we’re devouring Blueberry Pie! And right now, you can save $5 on the new Bounty Quick-SizePaper Towels using the promo code 5QUICKBOUNTY….and an additional $2 off coupon can be applied at checkout. Summer is here. It’s time to stock up….take my word for it.
HOW TO MAKE EASY BLUEBERRY PIE:
- Line a 9 or 10 inch pie plate with a single pie crust. You can use a pre-made refrigerated crust or homemade pie crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 6 cups fresh blueberries, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 3 Tbsp. flour, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Mix to coat blueberries.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Roll out second pie crust and cut into 1/2 inch strips. Lay half of the strips 1/2 inch apart across the top of the pie. Weave the other half over and under to create a lattice top. Trim edges.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° 45-50 minutes. *Cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent over-browning.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST BLUEBERRY PIE:
- Grease the bottom and sides of your pie plate for easy removal.
- Watch the edges of the pie closely and cover them with foil if necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Be sure not to under-bake, or you will have an unbaked bottom crust.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing and serving.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 92mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 32g Protein: 2g