This Creamy Vegetable Lasagna is loaded with fresh summer veggies, three types of cheese, and the most delicious cream sauce! A delicious alternative to traditional lasagna….and perfect for summer!
I partnered with Pick ‘n Save to bring you this delicious recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lemon Tree Dwelling possible!
Can I just tell you how excited I am about this Creamy Vegetable Lasagna? Because I AM PUMPED! And not just because it’s so incredibly delicious (which it is) and not just because vegetable lasagna is one of my all time favorites….but because it means I finally have my oven back! Woo hoo!
In case you’re wondering what in the world I’m talking about, we’ve been in the middle of a major home renovation for the past six weeks. Which has meant no kitchen, no living room, no table, and definitely no home cooked meals. And you know what? As much as I sometimes complain about making dinner (don’t we all?) I’m honestly SO excited to have my kitchen back. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder!?
I’m excited to be able to make things like Blueberry Granola Muffins and Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas and Taco Pot Pie. All the things we’ve been missing for the past 6 weeks! And I’m SO excited about this Creamy Vegetable Lasagna….the first meal I made in our new kitchen. Have you ever had vegetable lasagna? I actually like it more than I like traditional lasagna, which is saying a LOT. I love the fact that you can load it up with all your favorite veggies….and the cream sauce? It’s absolutely to die for. But what really makes Creamy Vegetable Lasagna SO amazing is, of course, the cheese.
I decided to pack in three different kinds of cheese, including the BEST Sartori Shredded Parmesan Cheese. I love that Sartori is a fourth generation, family-owned company based right here in Wisconsin! And I absolutely LOVE their cheese. I picked up everything I needed at my local Pick ‘n Save (which, by the way, has all the best summer veggies right now)….and the rest? Well, the rest is delicious history.
This Creamy Vegetable Lasagna was gobbled up by my entire family….and I can’t wait to make it again and again. ALL summer long! In my brand new kitchen. Not that I’m excited or anything…..
Creamy Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 container 15 oz. Simple Truth ricotta cheese
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2-3 c. broccoli florets
- 1 c. matchstick carrots
- 1 c. bell pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1/2 c. red onion diced
- 8 Tbsp. Simple Truth butter
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 c. flour
- 4 c. Simple Truth milk
- 8 oz. Sartori Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 package no-boil lasagna noodles *note: you will not use the entire package
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. Sartori Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
For cheese layer:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; set aside until ready to use.
For vegetable layer:
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet; add veggies and saute until tender-crisp.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Combine butter & garlic in a medium saucepan; heat over low heat until butter is completely melted.
- Stir in flour, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth.
To assemble lasagna:
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Top with a single layer of noodles, 1/2 of ricotta mixture, 1/3 of vegetable mixture, and 1/2 of sauce.
- Top second sauce layer with remaining vegetables, 1 c. shredded mozzarella, 1/2 c. shredded parmesan, and 1/2 tsp. dried oregano.
- Cover with foil; bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.