If you LOVE peanut butter, these Christmas Monster Cookies are for you!
They start with the best peanut butter cookies, topped with creamy peanut butter, peanut butter cups, red & green M&M’s, and a delicious drizzle of chocolate ganache. Seriously loaded and seriously amazing!
These cookies make the perfect gift for neighbors, teachers, or friends. They can easily be packaged separately, and everyone will go crazy for the giant explosion of flavor in every single bite. You can’t go wrong with the delicious peanut butter + chocolate combo!
So. We’re officially on the 12 days till Christmas countdown. How in the world did we get here!?!? I’m actively trying to talk myself out of freaking out….I mean, 12 days is plenty of time. Right??
I’ve done most of my Christmas shopping (and by most, I mean at least half….) and we’ve had our Christmas tree up and decorated for a couple weeks now. So basically we’re in great shape. Right??
There are a few glaring gaps in our holiday readiness. Specifically, a lack of fun holiday activities. Things like visiting Santa, decorating gingerbread houses, taking a drive to look at Christmas lights….and….making cookies.
Yes, that’s right. We are WAY behind on our cookie making. And by way behind I mean these Christmas Monster Cookies are the first and only cookies we’ve made. Which is completely unlike us!
Typically we set aside an entire day….or actually an entire two days….to make ALL THE COOKIES. And this year? It just hasn’t happened. Good thing we still have 12 days left…!
Because the reality is it just won’t feel like Christmas without our favorite holiday treats. These Christmas Monster Cookies? Frosted sugar cookies? White Chocolate Ting-a-Lings? Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Ginger Cookies? They’re all necessary. Along with Eggnog Cookie Dough Truffles and White Chocolate Gingerbread Bark. Really the list is endless.
I love making Christmas cookies, not just because it’s not Christmas without them…but because they make such a great little gift. Who doesn’t love getting a plate of yummy homemade treats? It’s the perfect way to spread a little holiday cheer.
But this year? I might be doing things a little differently. Because I’ve fallen IN LOVE with these Christmas Monster Cookies. Not only do they taste amazing (you really can’t go wrong with anything that involves chocolate + peanut butter) but they’re the kind of cookies you just want to dive into.
Because they’re HUGE! And loaded. And so very inviting.
These Christmas Monster Cookies are perfect for packaging individually and handing out to neighbors, coworkers, teachers, or friends. They’re basically as big as your face, and loaded with all the best peanut butter chocolate goodness.
These cookies are big enough to share….but honestly? I’m not sure anyone would want to. Because when else do you get to eat a delicious cookie the size of your face? Only at Christmas. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- granulated sugar, for dipping
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 10.5 oz. package peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup red & green m&m's
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and add gradually to peanut butter mixture, mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Using 1/3 cup dough at a time, roll into balls and dip in sugar to coat.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and use a glass to flatten just until edges start to crack. (You will flatten them more later.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Open oven and use a glass to flatten cookies to desired size.
- Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Top cooled cookies with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter, 1 crumbled peanut butter cup, and 8-10 m&m's.
- Prepare chocolate ganache by heating heavy cream until boiling, then pouring over chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
- Stir mixture until smooth. *If necessary, heat additionally to completely melt chocolate chips.
- Drizzle chocolate over cookies and refrigerate until set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 840 Saturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 77mg Sodium: 577mg Carbohydrates: 80g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 52g Protein: 19g