Chocolate Peppermint Blossom Cookies are loaded with rich chocolate and peppermint and topped with a Candy Cane-flavored Hershey’s Kiss. The perfect holiday cookies for mint (and chocolate) lovers everywhere!
Did you ever have those neighbors, growing up, that were the cup of sugar neighbors? The ones you always knew you could turn to in a pinch? Well, we did……and let’s just say I turned to them a lot.
I’d like to think it has something to do with the sheer amount of time I spent baking. But alas, in reality, I’m pretty sure it had more to do with my lack of preparation in the kitchen. I always just assumed we’d have everything I needed. And although that was often the case, I also often found myself mid-way through a recipe with a key ingredient that was nowhere to be found!
Fortunately, we really did have neighbors we could turn to. And almost always, I was able to finish my recipe with barely a break in the action. Unfortunately, I’ve found that my lack of preparation in childhood is something that has followed me to adulthood. And into the kitchen! I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to call a neighbor or run to the store just to finish what I’ve started. Oy vey. These Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms are how I reward my neighbors for their cup of sugar!
Well, this holiday season, I’m committed to being more prepared. Because I’ve got some serious baking to do! So I’ve been loading up on the basics – butter, sugar, flour, eggs, you name it – and giving up on mid-recipe outings. And you know what? It feels great to know I’m ready for anything.
These Christmas Monster Cookies are also a neighbor favorite!
Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms
These Chocolate Peppermint Blossom Cookies are loaded with rich chocolate and peppermint and topped with a Candy Cane-flavored Hershey's Kiss. The perfect holiday cookies for mint (and chocolate) lovers everywhere!
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter melted
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate melted
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Powdered sugar
- 36 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
- Combine all ingredients (except powdered sugar and Hershey's Kisses) in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Chill 1 hour or more.
- Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Bake on parchment-lined baking sheet at 300 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately place Hershey's Kiss in the center of each, pressing down slightly.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.