This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Candy Apple Brownies layered with creamy caramel and topped with apple buttercream frosting and crushed Candy Apple M&M’s.
Well…..it’s official! Fall is here! In the course of ONE day we went from 80 degrees and humid to 50 degrees and breezy. From shorts and tank tops to jeans and sweatshirts. From watermelon and strawberries to…..you guessed it…..APPLES!
Apples are one of my very favorite parts of fall….and every September I look forward to heading to the orchard to pick our own. And you know what else I look forward to? Heading to the stores to hunt down fun new apple-flavored treats! So when I found out that #CollectiveBias was teaming up with Walmart on a #FlavorofFall campaign, I was all in!
I’ve been dreaming up some delicious fall brownies for a while now, and as soon as I saw the new Candy Apple M&M’s, it all became clear! Not only are they delicious on their own, but I knew they would pair perfectly with chocolate. And caramel. And apple buttercream!
The thing I love about these brownies is the added apple boost they get from being made with Mott’s applesauce and apple juice! There is even apple juice in the frosting! (Which, by the way, is ridiculously delicious…..) The perfect way to welcome in fall…..even before you get to the orchard.
Candy Apple Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix *choose one that uses oil, water, and eggs
- Mott's Applesauce enough to replace 1/2 of the oil called for in the brownies
- Mott's Apple Juice enough to replace the water called for in the brownies
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag 11 oz. wrapped caramels
- 1/3 c. half & half or whipping cream
- 1/3 c. salted butter at room temperature
- 4 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. Mott's Apple Juice
- 1 c. Candy Apple M&M's coarsely crushed in food processor
- Mix brownies according to package instructions, replacing water with apple juice and half of oil with apple sauce.
- Pour half of batter into a parchment-lined 8x8 inch pan.
- Bake 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt caramels and half & half 2 minutes on high. Stir until completely melted.
- Pour caramel mixture over baked brownies and top with remaining brownie batter.
- Bake an additional 30-35 minutes or until brownies are firm on top.
- Cool completely.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 c. powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Add apple juice and mix until smooth, then add remaining powdered sugar.
- Frost cooled brownies and top with M&M's.
**Please visit the Mars tumblr page for more delicious fall recipes and coupons!