Blackberry Basil Vodka Lemonade combines sweet, tart lemonade with the delicious flavors of blackberry and basil in a refreshing cocktail that’s perfect for summer!
So, it’s official. As of sometime last week, we’re officially in the market for new neighbors. And I’m really not sure how I feel about it! It seems like just yesterday that we were all excited to meet the two little boys behind us….and then, just like that, they’re leaving. Granted, it’s been two years….and we’ve both had babies….and we’ve done birthdays and bonfires and play dates….but two years is NOT a long time. Especially with neighbors you like.
We’ve known for a while that they were less than satisfied with their current house. But it all happened so quickly! Within a week of having their house on the market, they had multiple offers, for over asking, and a SOLD sign out in front. And now….we wait.
We wait for July 2, when our new neighbors will be moving in. We wait to meet them, get to know them, hope they are nice and fun and neighborly. And we plan for how to introduce ourselves and welcome them to the neighborhood!
I’ve always regretted the fact that we never “officially” welcomed our current neighbors…with cookies or homemade bread or a bottle of wine. So you better believe I’ll be ready and waiting the day the new people move in. And this time? I’m thinking of really just going for it.
Instead of chocolate chip cookies, why not set the tone with a pitcher of Blackberry Basil Vodka Lemonade? Because let’s be honest. If there’s one thing that would make the moving process better, it’s a cocktail. And since our backyards face each other, sharing a Blackberry Basil Vodka Lemonade or two might definitely be in the cards for us!
So really, this is an incredibly simple drink to make. All you need is lemonade, vodka, fresh blackberries, fresh basil, and sugar. Just boil, stir, strain, mix, and voila! Blackberry Basil Vodka Lemonade. The perfect way to greet new neighbors, and guaranteed to make your summer more enjoyable!
Blackberry Basil Vodka Lemonade
- 4 c. lemonade
- 1 c. vodka
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. blackberry basil simple syrup recipe below
- fresh blackberries basil, and lemon slices (for garnish)
- For simple syrup:
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves torn
- 1/2 c. fresh blackberries
- Prepare simple syrup by bringing water and sugar to a boil; remove from heat and stir in fresh basil leaves and blackberries.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash blackberries and basil.
- Let stand until mixture is cooled, then use a fine mesh strainer to strain.
- In a medium pitcher, combine lemonade, vodka, water, and strained simple syrup.
- Garnish with blackberries, lemon slices, and fresh basil.