This Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake is the perfect cake for spring! Packed with the delicious flavors of lemon and raspberries and topped with a sweet, buttery streusel, this coffee cake is the ideal addition to your Easter menu!
I partnered with Phil’s Fresh Eggs to bring you this recipe. As always, all ideas and opinions are my own!
Do you ever think about your “ideal day”? How you would spend it? Who you would be with? Where you would go? What you would EAT?? Because I think about it a lot….ha! Probably because I can’t remember the last time I got to plan an entire day just for myself. But I dream about it….and when the time comes, I can guarantee I’ll have the BEST DAY EVER! Starting, of course, with breakfast.
I’m not sure what it is about breakfast that I love SO MUCH, but I really do love it. I love going out to breakfast with friends, getting together for breakfast with family, and making a big weekend breakfast at home. It feels like the perfect way to start the day….or the weekend!
Of course, in my ideal breakfast, there are certain things that would definitely need to be on the menu. Like Lemon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes and Quiche Lorraine Bites and Lemon Basil Berry Salad. And definitely, most definitely, this Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake. I’ve had a lot of coffee cakes in my day, but believe me when I say this is my FAVORITE. Because it’s moist and flavorful and streusel-y and amazing. And…lemon + raspberry. You really can’t go wrong.
And you can’t go wrong when you make it with Phil’s Fresh Eggs! Because Phil’s Fresh Eggs are cage-free and humanely raised in since 1959. Phil’s grows their own corn, soybeans and other grains to feed their chickens, without any animal proteins, drugs, hormones, antibiotics or genetically modified (GMO) corn. And it turns out that happier, healthier, more humanely raised chickens make better tasting eggs! Plain and simple.
And especially delicious when you mix them into a sweet Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake. If you love lemon, this coffee cake is for you. If you love raspberry, this is for you too! And if you love breakfast as much as I do, you simply MUST try this Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake. Because…well…it’s perfect. And a necessary addition to any “ideal” day.
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ c. milk
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. butter, softened
- 1 large Phil's Fresh Egg
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- (optional: ½ tsp. lemon extract)
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon peel
- 1½ c. fresh raspberries
- 1 c. sugar
- ⅔ c. flour
- 8 Tbsp. (1/2 c.) cold butter
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 c. flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat ¾ c. milk, ¾ c. sugar, ½ c. sour cream, ¼ c. butter, egg, lemon juice, lemon extract (if using), and lemon peel until creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Fold in raspberries
- Spoon batter into a 9 or 10 inch springform pan and sprinkle with crumb topping (see below).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over baked coffee cake.
- Combine 1 c. sugar and ⅔ c. flour in a bowl.
- Cut in ½ c. cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
Be sure to check out these other recipes using Phil’s Fresh Eggs: