These Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups are loaded with bacon, jalapeños, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream….all in a crispy wonton shell! The perfect party or game day appetizer!
Is it just me….or does it feel like January is flying by? Seriously! It feels like just yesterday that we were ringing in the New Year, watching the ball drop, having confetti dumped all over our living room (which, by the way, we are still finding to this day….) And now, we’re less than two weeks away from the Super Bowl and just three weeks from Valentine’s Day. Time flies when you’re having fun!
Almost as quickly as it flies when you’re supposed to be selling Girl Scout cookies. Like….right now! Yep, Girl Scout cookie sales are underway. And even though it feels like we just got the order forms yesterday, the truth is we only have 4 days left to sell the heck out of those cookies!
It’s a little wild this year, because we have THREE kids selling. So even though we’ve sold close to 100 boxes, when you divide it by three, things aren’t looking so good. And yes, Jorden has taken the order form to work. Ha! So I guess there’s nothing left to do but hit the streets, make some more phone calls, and hope for the best. Like I said, time flies when you’re having fun…!
And then, before we know it, selling cookies will be a distant memory and all thoughts will be on game day. And Valentine’s Day. And….these Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups! They’re loaded with all the flavors of jalapeño poppers and baked inside a crispy wonton shell. Clearly they were made for game days, but who doesn’t love a little Valentine’s Day spice? I have the feeling I’ll be making these Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups for both. In fact, I have the feeling I’ll be making them all the time. They’re just SO good.
And you know what? I firmly believe making (and eating) delicious things like these Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups helps make these long winter months feel shorter. Kinda like Girl Scout cookies! So make….eat….enjoy! You won’t be sad you did.
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. sour cream
- 12 oz. bacon, cooked & crumbled (reserve 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 2 Tbsp.)
- 3-4 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup; bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapeños.
- Spoon filling into wonton cups, then sprinkle with reserved bacon and cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until wontons are golden brown and cheese is melted.