(No-Bake) Lemon Raspberry Meltaways

Creamy, melt-in-your-mouth raspberry goodness on a Lemon Oreo crust. The perfect dessert for spring!

Raspberry Lemon Meltaways - a deliciously easy no-bake recipe!

Over a year ago now, on a whim, I decided I should make a chocolate mint dessert for St. Patrick’s Day. At the time, I was a relatively new blogger, and I wasn’t crazy about making something that EVERYONE else was also making. I thought I could only share the most unique, creative, original ideas with my readers…..and clearly chocolate  mint treats for St. Patrick’s Day are not unique, creative, or original!

Raspberry Lemon Meltaways - a deliciously easy no-bake recipe!

That being said, I decided to momentarily put my concerns with originality aside and focus instead on coming up with something DELICIOUS!! And, after much time spent searching for inspiration, I ran across a recipe for Citrus Cream Bars from The Great American Cookie Cookbook. After a bit (or a LOT) of tweaking….I came up with the most amazing Mint Oreo Meltaways, which went on to be my first big “hit”!

Raspberry Lemon Meltaways - a deliciously easy no-bake recipe!

Now let me just say there is nothing more exciting for a new-ish blogger than having one of your recipes go crazy on Pinterest! (Okay, there is STILL nothing more exciting….!!) And naturally….since the bars were such a hit, I decided to re-create them for all different seasons. I made Key Lime Meltaways for summer and Chocolate Orange Meltaways for fall. And now, for spring, I made these delicious Lemon Raspberry Meltaways!

Raspberry Lemon Meltaways - a deliciously easy no-bake recipe!

What makes these bars so good, you ask? Well, for starters, the crust! Lemon Oreos + Butter = pure amazingness! And since the raspberry filling is pretty much just like frosting, it really does melt in your mouth. Finally, there is no combination quite like lemon and raspberries. It is spring’s version of chocolate and mint, and it is DELICIOUS!

Raspberry Lemon Meltaways - a deliciously easy no-bake recipe!

(No-Bake) Lemon Raspberry Meltaways

• 20 Lemon Oreos
  • ¾ c. butter, softened to room temperature
  • 2½ c. powdered sugar
  • ½ c. cold fresh raspberries
  • 2 Tbsp. cold raspberry preserves
  • zest of 2 lemons
  1. Use a food processor to crush Oreos into fine crumbs. Mix crumbs with ¼ c. softened butter; press mixture into 8x8 inch square pan.
  2. Refrigerate until firm.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining butter, powdered sugar, fresh raspberries, preserves, and lemon zest.
  4. Using a hand mixer, beat at high speed 2-3 minutes.
  5. Spread over chilled crust.
  6. Return to refrigerator to set; cut into bars and serve.
  7. *Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

Check out my other MELTAWAY recipes!!

Chocolate Orange Meltaways 1b - Copy

Mint Oreo Meltaways 4 Fixed

Key Lime Meltaways 2b - Copy

Comments

1. Jamie+@+Love+Bakes+Good+Cakes says

I would love to have one of those bars, Cathy!! They sound so Springlike and delicious! :)

2. Cathy Trochelman says

Thanks, Lindsay! I love citrus and berries in any combination, and raspberries are just gorgeous! They get all the credit! :)

These are so pretty Cathy! I love lemon and raspberry – they go so well together. These would not last long at my house – pinning :)

Cathy,

I am going to have to try these. They sound so yummy and look so good. I love that they are easy. I pinned them.

Blessings,
    Diane Roark
    recipesforourdailybread

So true how exciting it is when you are a blogger and one of your recipes blows up on Pinterest! The meltaways look beautiful and delicious! I’ve been on a raspberry kick lately and lemon desserts are one of my favorites, so the combination has me wanting to make them right now!

Wow, these look pretty amazing, in fact all your meltaways look pretty amazing! I feel a trip to the shops for lemon oreo’s & raspberries coming on this weekend!

Cathy, I so agree with you when it comes to posting during the holidays. I feel it kind of gets rumbled in and doesn’t get a chance to be seen if we’re like all the other recipes. These pretty meltaways are rockin! Also, in love with the colors… and your pictures! Thank you for sharing these babies at the Show Stopper this week, pinned and pinning again on a few of my boards. Have a wonder Tuesday!

8. Gretchen says

How long do these last in the refrigerator? Gonna make for a friends shower and want to know how advanced I can make them! Thanks

9. Ashley says

So I made these. I was disappointed. It tasted good but! Nothing set up. The cyst was powder when I cut it. I did everything right according to the recipe. Was it supposed to be melted butter? Was I suppose to mix it with a mixer? I use a fork to mix the drum mixture. I’m just confused. It was like pudding with crumbs. :(

Hi Ashley, I’m so sorry to hear they didn’t turn out for you! For the crust – between the Oreo filling and the softened butter, it shouldn’t have been powdery. And the filling should have been along the consistency of a buttercream frosting. I’m confused, as well…