Creamy, melt-in-your-mouth raspberry goodness on a Lemon Oreo crust. The perfect dessert for spring!
Over a year ago now, on a whim, I decided I should make a chocolate mint dessert for St. Patrick’s Day. At the time, I was a relatively new blogger, and I wasn’t crazy about making something that EVERYONE else was also making. I thought I could only share the most unique, creative, original ideas with my readers…..and clearly chocolate mint treats for St. Patrick’s Day are not unique, creative, or original!
That being said, I decided to momentarily put my concerns with originality aside and focus instead on coming up with something DELICIOUS!! And, after much time spent searching for inspiration, I ran across a recipe for Citrus Cream Bars from The Great American Cookie Cookbook. After a bit (or a LOT) of tweaking….I came up with the most amazing Mint Oreo Meltaways, which went on to be my first big “hit”!
Now let me just say there is nothing more exciting for a new-ish blogger than having one of your recipes go crazy on Pinterest! (Okay, there is STILL nothing more exciting….!!) And naturally….since the bars were such a hit, I decided to re-create them for all different seasons. I made Key Lime Meltaways for summer and Chocolate Orange Meltaways for fall. And now, for spring, I made these delicious Lemon Raspberry Meltaways!
What makes these bars so good, you ask? Well, for starters, the crust! Lemon Oreos + Butter = pure amazingness! And since the raspberry filling is pretty much just like frosting, it really does melt in your mouth. Finally, there is no combination quite like lemon and raspberries. It is spring’s version of chocolate and mint, and it is DELICIOUS!
- 20 Lemon Oreos
- ¾ c. butter, softened to room temperature
- 2½ c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. cold fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp. cold raspberry preserves
- zest of 2 lemons
- Use a food processor to crush Oreos into fine crumbs. Mix crumbs with ¼ c. softened butter; press mixture into 8x8 inch square pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining butter, powdered sugar, fresh raspberries, preserves, and lemon zest.
- Using a hand mixer, beat at high speed 2-3 minutes.
- Spread over chilled crust.
- Return to refrigerator to set; cut into bars and serve.
- *Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Check out my other MELTAWAY recipes!!