Pineapple Peach Mango Green Smoothie

A delicious green smoothie, loaded with spinach, peaches, mango, pineapple juice, and bananas. Perfect for breakfast or any time of day!

Pineapple Peach Mango Green Smoothie

Well….we are officially gearing up for St. Patrick’s Day around here! The red and pink have all come down and the green has all come out. We waste no time between holidays, really…and it makes sense. When you do as much for each holiday as we do, and when you start a month ahead of time, by the time the holiday actually comes and goes you’re pretty much ready for it to be done!

Pineapple Peach Mango Green Smoothie

It’s a good metaphor for life, if you think about it. Live things to the fullest and you won’t be so sad when it’s time to move on….? I’m not sure if it’s pregnancy or what, but this is something I’ve been really struggling with lately. How quickly time flies! I can’t believe that Ellia is already reading chapter books or that Greta is already losing teeth or that Nora is speaking in full sentences and telling me that things are “inappropriate.” I can’t believe how quickly they’re all growing up, how quickly we are moving from one phase of life to another!

Pineapple Peach Mango Green Smoothie

People have always told me that I would feel this way. When Ellia was a colicky baby and I couldn’t wait for her to grow out of it, I would always hear, “Just wait…it goes quickly.” Or when I’ve struggled to keep my patience with Greta’s roller coaster moods, I’ve always been told, “Before you know it, you’ll be dealing with much bigger issues.” Or when Nora has made our grocery trip take ten times as long because she’s insisted on pushing the cart and dancing through the aisles, I’ve had countless people tell me, “Enjoy this. It won’t last forever.” How right they have all been!

Pineapple Peach Mango Green Smoothie

Since I can’t turn back time, and I can’t make it slow down….maybe I need to take a lesson from myself here! Maybe I need to look at the different stages with my kids more how I look at holidays – special times that won’t last for ever and need to be celebrated. And maybe then, by the time we move on to the next stage, it won’t feel like time is flying. It will feel like we’re ready for it! Just like we’re ready for St. Patrick’s Day and, of course, all things green!! These green smoothies are the perfect St. Patty’s day food…loaded with fresh veggies and fruit, and so delicious my kiddos gobbled them up! Less time spent trying to get them to eat = more time spent enjoying them. (The kiddos….and the smoothies!)

Pineapple Peach Mango Green Smoothie

Pineapple Peach Mango Smoothie

Serves: 2-4
  • 1 c. pineapple juice
  • 1 c. Greek vanilla yogurt
  • 1 c. frozen mango
  • 1 c. frozen peaches
  • 1 frozen banana chunks
  • 2 c. fresh spinach
  1. Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

Looking for more delicious smoothie recipes??

Banana Colada Smoothie 1 small

Mango-Berry Smoothie 1 small

Comments

Love green smoothies and this one looks especially yummy with the mango! I’m with you Cathy, we know time flies but sometimes living in the moment can be hard when you are dealing with littles! :)

Agghhhh….so true, Jess! I think that is my biggest struggle – living in the moment when they are little (instead of just wanting some alone time!!)

Thanks, Marilyn! I just recently got into green smoothies and we all LOVE them! I love the pretty green color, too! :)

My theory is we just need to eat our way to spring….and maybe make it come sooner by eating some good warm weather foods! (a girl can dream, right?)

I love green smoothies and this tropical version sounds amazing with the mango and pineapples! Love this and sounds like a great way start off your morning on the right foot :) Time definitely seems to be flying by lately – can’t believe how fast the little ones grow.

It’s just nuts, isn’t it Kelly? I try to stop and take note whenever I can without getting overwhelmed by all of it! Thanks so much for your sweet comment….we love smoothies too and this is one of our new favorites!

I’m doing the same, Shannon! Every time the sun is shining I try to tell myself it’s warm outside….:) I must say, even tiny glimpses of anything but a deep freeze are helpful! And this smoothie is definitely helpful, too!!

Thanks, Brooke! We love smoothies too….I’m pretty sure my oldest daughter would be perfectly content with a smoothie every single morning!!

I’m with you! The possibilities are endless but sometimes it takes another person suggesting it….!! Hope you enjoy this one :)

Thanks, Julie! Me too! And it’s the only way my kids will really eat it….to acidic for them otherwise :)

3. Jamie+@+Love+Bakes+Good+Cakes says

This smoothie has some of my favorite ingredients! I see this happening in the near future!

Thanks, Jamie! Mine too….and I love the fact that the spinach is completely masked. I mean – who wants to drink spinach, really??

Haha – don’t we all!! This is one of my absolute favorites….and my kids love it as an after school snack!

I love those fun straws too! Just don’t leave it sitting around too long – they do NOT hold up well! Haha :)