Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta – a delicious combination of flavors, in a quick and easy weeknight meal!
Have you ever noticed how other people’s stuff always seems preferable to your own?? Their houses always seem a little nicer, their hair a little better, their clothes a little more stylish, their lives a little easier…? Okay, I certainly don’t feel this way about everyone…but there are just some people who seem to have it all….(and seem to have it a little better than me!)
I think it’s just part of being human – we compare ourselves to other people – and it starts young! I even notice it with my kids! Other kids’ toys always seem a little more fun, other kids’ snacks are always a little more yummy, other kids’ parents are always a little bit nicer….and eating dinner at another kid’s house is ALWAYS preferable to eating dinner at home, no matter what they are having!
A good example? The other day my kiddos came home from a friend’s house just RAVING about what they had eaten for lunch….because it was SO GOOD! Want to know what it was? Cabbage & ham. Cabbage & ham! I can pretty much guarantee that if I had made them cabbage & ham for lunch, they would have turned up their noses and demanded mac & cheese instead. But there, they loved it! That’s just the way it goes!
It definitely makes me wonder, though, why I spend so much time trying to come up with flavor combinations I think they’ll gobble up….like this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta. Sure, they liked it….but they definitely weren’t raving about it! Because I’m not someone else’s mom making it! Oh well. I gobbled it up, and so did Jorden….and I guess, at the end of the day, that’s all I can really ask for.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb. uncooked pasta (I used orecchiette)
- 8 oz. turkey bacon, chopped and cooked
- 5 oz. mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 3 c. milk
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- dried dill
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, cube chicken and saute until partially cooked.
- Add mushrooms, red onion, and red peppers and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add chicken and vegetables to cooked noodles.
- Add turkey bacon, reserving some for the top, and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour, salt & pepper.
- Stir in milk; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Add Ranch dressing mix and stir to combine.
- Pour over pasta.
- Garnish with reserved bacon and dried dill.
Looking for more quick and easy pasta recipes?